2008 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Very nice but....
By Captainalan on 01/20/09 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Toyota 2008 Avalon limited is an excellent car with a few exceptions. The front seat is tight for a larger driver and the center console makes it impossible to spread you right leg which is so important on long drives. The navigation system is poor at best. It is difficult to use and not as friendly as $300 add ons. The laser cruise control is wasted money as it is far too conservative for normal highway driving. I normally over ride it. My last concern is the low ground clearance. Already I had to reattach the front underbody protection from being ripped lose several times on parking "stops." I believe the clearance is only 5.3 inches which is really pretty low.

Not worth the money
By Jim on 12/28/08 12:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, not the quality I expected from a Toyota. I previously had a Volvo S80 and it was a much better built car than the Toyota is. The interior plastic trim is very cheap. At first it looks like brushed metal, but it is just painted plastic that scratches very easily. The seats are not that comfortable for what is considered to be a large car. The body side molding chips very, very easily.

Great car
By diane on 12/17/08 19:31 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had purchased a 2008 Camry in Sept of 2007 and was very disappointed. The interior was of cheap material and the hood release broke. The cd player did not work after one month of owning the car. the Avalon is great. I purchased the Avalon in july of 2008. I have had no problems at all. very powerful V6 engine and very quiet. love the gps system and bluetooth. Stereo/cd player is great.

WOW!
By Skip on 11/28/08 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my 2007 Camry for 38,000 miles, it was time to get something a bit more comfortable. After having 3 Park Avenues (one of which I put 303,000 on), which are VERY comfortable cars, I was very unhappy with the Camry in the comfort area. I LOVE my Avalon Touring Sedan - so far. Comfortable, quiet, looks nice inside and out. Heck, I'm thinking of up-grading to a Limited with all of the bells and whistles. :) It's very early and my MPG isn't all that great (21-23 +/-), but I'll gladly give up a bit of MPG for the rest of the package. Yes I WOULD tell anyone to purchase one.

Love My First Toyota
By First Toyota on 11/02/08 15:27 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am in outside sales and drive approx 25k per yr. I purchase a new car every 3.5-4 yrs and usually purchase fords. I am a big guy and never thought to look to Toyota for just that reason. I was looking for a car that I could get 5 yrs or 125k+ out of and have it be worth a few thousand dollars when I'm done (hopefully this is it). I am 6'2" and over 290 lbs and I am more comfortable in this car than I was in my ford f-150 that I traded from as I don't feel "beat up" at the end of a long ride. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for room/comfort. Still to early to speak to reliability but time will tell. So far avg 24.5- 27.5 mpg city/hwy combined.

Reliable, but...
By Abbood on 10/31/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very reliable car; I didn't face any of the common problems I used to have with my previous Audi (window hanging, lamp fuse down, etc.). However, it is suitable for older people and a 29 year old like me will get bored of it fairly quickly. I have had this car for a year and I have already started looking.

We Upgraded From BMWs to the Avalon
By Joe-Fix-It on 10/21/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After seven BMWs and several other German cars we got smart. No more arrogant service department and $1500 bills to fix something. We upgraded to the Avalon. A summer vacation trip with four adults and lots of luggage saw mileage range from 29 to a high 36 MPG on regular. The rear reclining seats are worth the price of admission. The 'Bluetooth' is simple to set up and use. Best of all is the interior room and comfortable ride. We are a very tall family (I'm 6' 2" and the shortest one). After @18000 miles we have had NOTHING that needed fixing or adjusting

Great value
By Rob C on 10/05/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased this 2008 Avalon XL and I have been very satisfied with it. This vehicle accelerates and handles adequately despite this being a mid-large size sedan. I'm also very surprised but equally impressed with the overall fuel mileage that this vehicle is getting (avg. 29 mpg). The interior cabin is very quiet and is there's plenty of room for up to five people to sit comfortably.

Great car for the $
By Manny on 09/24/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Need car after 10 yrs w/Infiniti. Considered many others, 4 & 6 cyl. Avalon smoothest suspension & plenty of amenities; seems as if it's on Lexus LS platform, w/o the price or quite the cache-but also w/o premium gas requirement. Avg > 30 mpg on my first highway drive & overall ave. ~ 24.5 miles per gallon in mixed city and hwy driving. JBL 12 spkr very nice. Highly recommend.

Avalon XLS
By RL on 09/23/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First foreign car I have purchased and pleasantly surprised. We like everything about this car. Very comfortable, excellent engine power, and good fuel economy. Would recommend the Avalon to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.