2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car
By Funeral Director on 06/19/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car, navigation is a pain with the little wheel, should be touch screen. Metal is a little cheap got stuck in snow went to push on trunk by Toyota name and trunk bent in tow spots was $100 to get dents taken out. Got nitrogen in tires and during summer I average about 42.5 mpg on highway. Exterior does scratch at the slightest touch. Trunk was scratched by a box touching the trunk.

Uncomfortable seats
By acheback on 05/30/09 03:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Both my husband and I are having a terrible time with the seats. We both get terrible backaches. I have been to the chiro twice, husband once. We love the car, but can't stand the pain.

I am so very happy with our choice!!!!!!
By Wines on 05/27/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We spent many months studying what was available in full-size sedans (I wanted a Cadillac). After 18 months of ownership, we are so pleased about our beautiful Avalon! We get compliments all the time. We live in mountains, but still maintain mid-20 mpg; a road trip easily gets us 35 mpg! I get the comfort of a Cadillac, but for considerably less cost, and definitely better mpg! I'm still not sold on leather upholstery, but that is just me. We would recommend this car to anyone looking for a full size car: beauty, great gas mileage, comfort, luxury feel but for less money; A great car!!!!

After a year of my Avalon...
By virginia on 04/19/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned 2 Honda Accord Limited then changed to Camry Limited in 2005. Loved it but decided to upgrade to the Avalon in 2008. I absolutely LOVE the comfort, quiet ride, "giddy-up" when you need to move, but can't agree more with the other reviewers that Toyota needs to REIMBURSE ALL OF US WHO WASTED THE MONEY ON THE GPS! IT IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST SYSTEM!!!! Completely unfriendly. I had the touchscreen version on my Camry and it was much better. Better to buy a NUVI- just bought an 885T and LOVE IT! Significantly cheaper than the MAJOR RIPPOFF OF TOYOTAS SYSTEM!!!!!!

Overall good car but...
By Kevin on 03/14/09 06:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like the quiet ride. Seats are comfortable but with my long legs I would prefer for the seat to go back more. The GPS totally stinks, don't blow your money on it, I have a 200 dollar GPS for my other car that is WAY easier to use. The traction control should have a manual override button. I got stuck on the hill going up my driveway in an ice storm and needed a bit more wheel spin, the traction control did not allow it. I love the headlights for brightness but just found out that the replacement bulbs are $325 EACH and yes I did say $325 EACH. Both went out at once at 50,000 miles and neither the basic warranty or the extended warranty covers it.

TOYOTA AVALON
By PES on 03/03/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this 2008 Avalon replacing a 2001 BMW 530i. the Avalon is NOT a BMW. On the other hand, it burns the same amount of "regular" fuel, is very comfortable to drive, has great traction in snow, and has more bells and whistles than the 530. The BMW cost a fortune to service (yes, the BMW folks are as polite and pleasant as all heck as they charge $150 for an oil change) and I am hoping that the Toyota does not. The fit and finish are equal and the Avalon cost about $20,000 less. Am I happy? you bet I am

Excellent Avalon
By DRJ356 on 02/15/09 22:47 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my 08 Avalon Limited for just over a year & have 20k on it thus far. Overall I am quite pleased. I've had zero mechanical problems. This car is supremely comfortable to drive & ride in - easily equal to my wife's Lexus. I commute 30 miles each way daily and this car makes the trip very pleasant. Comfort is excellent for 5 adults. Interior is outstanding but with a few cheap materials (plastic doors on console). I'm 6'4" & 250 and have good space. Center console is a bit intrusive. Buy Garmin 700-800 GPS and save $2k. It's stupid not to include a back-up camera as standard equipment on a Limited.

Tough in the Snow
By CTToyota on 01/28/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited. Great car, good looking, very nice ride. However with the traction control there is no way to disengage. In snow/Ice sometimes you need to spin your wheels. Once the traction control engages it shuts down the power and wheel spin. great for some things, terrible in the snow when you need wheel spin. Other than that, no complaints.

2008 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan
By Mathews on 01/27/09 08:35 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine in Jun 08. The car has a great ride and impeccable interior design. It is quiet and the seats are super comfy. I like the all-power seat options and the full-size spare tire. The bluetooth needs some re-working - it has too much static. The CD-changer and sound are great! The heated seats have been a lifesaver especially on those frigid winter mornings of NE PA. There's so much leg room in this car- especially for the back seats (cramped back-seating is the reason I shied away from a Volvo. Fuel efficiency is not bad for a 3.5L engine- am averaging 25-28 mpg. BUT- the navigation is the worst! What was Toyota thinking!! It's awkward, difficult and tedious- and it's not touchscreen

Could be great car
By Don on 01/23/09 16:20 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Responsive engine and lots of good and convenient features. Gets good mileage for a big car. Not too big for "an around town car." Only beef is the car wanders/tracks the rain grooves on a concrete freeway at freeway speed. Feels like you're hydroplaning. Dealer and Toyota of America say this is a "characteristic" of the car and there is no fix. Long distance driving leaves me up tight and hanging on for dear life.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.