2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car Except Float Handling
By rfcn2 on 11/30/12 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I went shopping in 2008 I really wanted a Caddy CTS or an Acura RL. CTS could not be ordered with blue tooth for phone or laser cruise control. CTS by far drove the best. My Dad passed away about this time and left me a 2001 Avalon. It was a basic one but was very comfortable and got great MPG. So as almost an afterthought I went to Toyota dealer. They had the features I wanted and the car was 15 grand less than Acura. I really planned to hate the Toyota. I now think it is one of the best cars I have owned. Still is floaty and poor on curvy roads. Still overpowers the front wheels if too much gas is given. A great value IMHO. Amazing MPG for something this fast.

Love it!
By ksgirl1 on 10/30/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in 2/11. It now has 101,000mi on it. I have it serviced at Toyota and it always checks out fine. So far I have been nothing but pleased. I have put 22,000 miles on it and have taken it on several long 2 day road trips. It is very comfortable. I have two small children and the backseat has tons of space for both of them and all of their stuff. Love the reclining back seats and built in sunshade. Trunk is huge. I have all the bells and whistles and love the navigation, built in Bluetooth etc. We just recently replaced the battery, other than that no issues. Would highly recommend.

The best car I've ever owned!
By snowwie on 05/12/11 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Toyota Avalon is the best value car in its class. The ride is very smooth & quiet. I've test drove the Lexus GS before I test drove the avalon and I could not tell the difference in performance. The avalon has more cabin space at lower price

2008 Avalon Limited not perfect
By patrick59 on 04/03/11 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an '08 Avalon Limited with 28,000 miles on it four months ago. So far, I'm only somewhat satisfied. Unfortunately, the dashboard rattled and squeaked as if it had 180,000 miles, although I didn't notice that when I test drove it. I had to jam coins down the sides of the dash where it meets the windshield columns in order to tighten it up. The workmanship of the assembly is poor. Also, the front seats would not heat or cool, but the dealer fixed that problem before I took posession. I like the bluetooth connectivity, but the sound of the phone only comes out of one speaker and it distorts pretty badly if you turn it up enough to hear the other person at highway speeds.

Warning on Toyota Period
By d. smith on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 5th Avalon. I have enjoyed the comfort and mileage and I thought quality to this point. This model the 08 was involved in the acceleration recall and computer adjustment. But just this past week the light all of a sudden went totally out! Upon investigation it's the classic HID light problem that is so abundant on the Prius. Apparently Toyota is well aware of the problem and the critical safety issues involved if you go to consumer reports, NHTSA, etc you may well be surprised of the cost involved with the HID light problems w/ avalons and most notably the Prius. This is a definite safety issue as the lights will fail with no warning. Very expensive repair stay away from them

Solid
By the rock on 08/09/10 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the demo with 8k miles on it for mama. She is completely satisfied and so am I. 33 mpg on the highway if you can believe that. That overall has been the most pleasant surprise. Considered the Lexus but why pay 10-15k more? This has all the features without the increase in price. The 08 is sleeker than the 11 and looks sharper.

Unexpectedly Luxurious
By LZJay on 04/11/10 16:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a traveling salesman and I used to rent these on the road. Then I decided to buy one cause it was so comfortable and drove so well. It's definitely a big car but it doesn't feel OR handle like one. It handles like more like sport sedan though far from sports coupe. The back seat is huge which is great if you take clients out for meals or have kids who like to kick your seat: their feet don't reach! Love the heated/AC seats and the moon roof. The NAV and LCD screen is great. The trunk is big enough for all of my sales material, a car seat and my golf clubs at the same time. The 7-speaker JBL sound system is great. It has the same look and feel as the Lexus GS but is priced smartly

Meant for comfort, not active "driving".
By Ron on 03/28/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2008 used, with 33k miles. Replaced a 2001 Solara SLE. Avalon seats have more adjustments, but less padding. Faux wood steering grips not as comfortable as leather. Road noise well-muted. It's so quiet at idle that I got confused once and didn't realize it was still running. LOVE the smart key. Good sound system for a car. LCD is real nice for the radio and climate controls. No squeaks or rattles, feels like driving a Swiss watch. BIG car, but doesn't look or drive like it. Controls oddly placed, but most-used ones are on wheel. Handles comfortably, but not "fun" to drive; powerful, but not a race car. Wafts you along in your own little bubble instead.

like it
By John682429 on 03/03/10 05:27 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 36,000 miles on my Avalon and the only problem i have is the low profile tires will not last over 25,000 miles even when rotated every other oil change. I average 34 mpg on road trips and average 26 around town and highway combined. Car is very fun to drive and very comfortable. I don't like the drink holding area at night as proper light is not provided to access drinks and find items in the stash box. Trunk space is very large and my passengers love the rear comfort of the rear as plenty of room for comfort. Around 34,000 service engine light came on and Vehicle Traction Control came on. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for a car of comfort and plenty of interior space

Great Technology & Huge Interior
By drews on 01/21/10 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Avalon XLS Limited has bee excellent. The technology and space really set it apart. I have been averaging about 27 mpg. Love the adaptive cruise control and audio system. Air Conditioned seats are awesome in the South. I have not had one problem with the car although it is being recalled for the acceleration. The care feels like a limousine. Passengers are very comfortable. The car is VERY quiet. My only problems are that the GPS is clunky to use and I hate the covers over the audio and pop out nav stuff (can you say cheesy).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.