2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Holding it's value!
By pj_flygare on 09/08/12 23:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

How many times can you buy a car and two years later have equity for such? Bought this 2008 style two years ago @52k miles. Both HD light had to be replaced the first month. TOYOTA DIDN'T COVERED THAT! BAD TOYOTA! USD 800 for parts and service! On the other hand MPG, amazing! City=28, Highway= 33. Right rear wheel bearing is making noises, about 400 dollar service. Paint is very soft, already have several rust spots on hood and side panels. Comfort amazing! Noise level inside, higher than my previous 1998 Volvo V70!? JBL sound system not to par, not good at all.

Unexpected Quality
By luvtoyota10 on 02/18/12 13:37 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a Toyota Venza, this is my father's car and I thought it was just some slow, floaty old man car. I was kind of wrong. Its not slow and floaty at all, but still kind of an old man car. This touring model almost drives like a camry but the sterring is light and vague, like my Venza. Its pretty agile for its size. The ride is very comfortable even with the touring suspension, unlike my 2010 venza... There is still more body roll than I expected but I like its stability. The HID headlamps are cool but expesive in the long-run. I wish the display for the radio and climate controls were a bit better. I really like the color scheme too it's Blue Mirage exterior and Black leather interior.

This one I like
By Per on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Intended to buy a Camry from 2001 ended up with Avalon Touring. Already at test driving the car, it had similar features as my Volvo V70. A nice smooth ride. After only one week of driving, I have found the MPG (Vs. listed on websites) much better. So far I have been averaging 28.7 in combined city and highway driving! This is not from the dash-info, but personal log. All features working perfectly. Never thought I would become a Toyota owner, I am happy with this one!!

love it
By jkland on 04/23/10 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our avalon touring model for 2.5 years... right now it has around 43k miles. The only issue has been teh headlights.. these were replaced under warrenty. The car has a sportier ride than the other models.. w/ tighter handling,, and doesn't have the floaty feeling. it is quite and smooth.. i haven't had any issues with rattling. I also haven't had any transmission issues or acceleration issues.. i know quite a few people with avalons,, and no one has had any issues with these things.. i really enjoy the car and as a family of 5 ( 2 are teenage boys) we can travel very comfortably and have a huge trunk.. don't miss the space of the minivan.. would highly recommend..

not a caddy ,please
By haybailer on 03/01/10 18:23 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The touring is a low rider, street driver with low profile tires and a sport tuned ride. It rides like my 2000 4matic although the Avalon is fwd, Taller strut towers and low profile, so I'm told so far. Tire bite good in snow, Nokians. But ,I'm trying to soften the ride this summer threw after market seek. Softer struts. These cars are fine for the money.

Oil leak, paint mismatch, a Toyota?
By kwillliams on 09/18/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new, oil leak, difficult for dealer to determine source. Eventually block replaced. Paint does not match. Fenders do not meet bumpers as well as one would expect in a top of the line Toyota. I would never buy this car again.

New Avalon … 25,000 miles later
By Skip on 09/14/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well 25,000 miles later, I still like the car. I don't love it, but very close. It's a huge step up from my 2008 Camry (which was a great car, just not comfortable enough on the long trips). I'd like to see the finish get tougher in the newer models. My paint seems very easy to scratch. Stock tires are getting near replacement. Most folks who ride in the car... love it! I will have a trip coming up, where we will have 4 adults and we'll be putting on 3,000 - 4,000 in the 2 weeks vacation, and then folks can tell me what they think of the car. I WILL be looking to trade it at the end of the year, as I will have somewhere between 30,000 - 40,000 miles on it. 2010 Avalon, time will tell.

My first Toyota
By Bill on 09/03/09 23:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it used a few weeks ago after much research, thought, and comparisons. I am 59 years old, and have owned many cars. My favorite up to this point was a 1998 Lincoln Continental. I had 90% decided the Avalon Touring was as close as I would ever get to my old continental, so I finally went to try one out. The minute I hit the highway, I knew this was the one. I couldn't be happier after three weeks and 1500 miles. Perfect car for me.

My First Toyota--What a Rush!
By Scott_in_CA on 06/22/09 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 decades of Chrysler products that have great engines but rotting interior and exteriors I have decided to take the plunge...in the 3 weeks I have owned it I love it!!! Great comfort...awesome gas mileage and classy exterior looks.

WOW!
By Skip on 11/28/08 08:24 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my 2007 Camry for 38,000 miles, it was time to get something a bit more comfortable. After having 3 Park Avenues (one of which I put 303,000 on), which are VERY comfortable cars, I was very unhappy with the Camry in the comfort area. I LOVE my Avalon Touring Sedan - so far. Comfortable, quiet, looks nice inside and out. Heck, I'm thinking of up-grading to a Limited with all of the bells and whistles. :) It's very early and my MPG isn't all that great (21-23 +/-), but I'll gladly give up a bit of MPG for the rest of the package. Yes I WOULD tell anyone to purchase one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.