Used 2008 Toyota Avalon Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Holding it's value!
By pj_flygare

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

How many times can you buy a car and two years later have equity for such? Bought this 2008 style two years ago @52k miles. Both HD light had to be replaced the first month. TOYOTA DIDN'T COVERED THAT! BAD TOYOTA! USD 800 for parts and service! On the other hand MPG, amazing! City=28, Highway= 33. Right rear wheel bearing is making noises, about 400 dollar service. Paint is very soft, already have several rust spots on hood and side panels. Comfort amazing! Noise level inside, higher than my previous 1998 Volvo V70!? JBL sound system not to par, not good at all.

Favorite Features

Visibility! Fuel economy!

Suggested Improvements

This car need a better sound system, the JBL provided is way under par. Driver and passenger seat uncomfortable during long ride. Trunk lip way to high! Let me change the light bulbs, please!!!!

Unexpected Quality
By luvtoyota10

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a Toyota Venza, this is my father's car and I thought it was just some slow, floaty old man car. I was kind of wrong. Its not slow and floaty at all, but still kind of an old man car. This touring model almost drives like a camry but the sterring is light and vague, like my Venza. Its pretty agile for its size. The ride is very comfortable even with the touring suspension, unlike my 2010 venza... There is still more body roll than I expected but I like its stability. The HID headlamps are cool but expesive in the long-run. I wish the display for the radio and climate controls were a bit better. I really like the color scheme too it's Blue Mirage exterior and Black leather interior.

Favorite Features

I like the sound system, comfortable ride, handling, color, sunroof, interior material quality, and I apreciate its agility. HID headlamps also.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design, Its bad in the snow.. Needs more personality (exterior).

This one I like
By Per

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Intended to buy a Camry from 2001 ended up with Avalon Touring. Already at test driving the car, it had similar features as my Volvo V70. A nice smooth ride. After only one week of driving, I have found the MPG (Vs. listed on websites) much better. So far I have been averaging 28.7 in combined city and highway driving! This is not from the dash-info, but personal log. All features working perfectly. Never thought I would become a Toyota owner, I am happy with this one!!

Favorite Features

Dual heated seats along with dual air zones. Great MPG. Good combination of low/high-beam. Reclined rear seats. Good ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve an old car...... ;-)

love it
By jkland

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our avalon touring model for 2.5 years... right now it has around 43k miles. The only issue has been teh headlights.. these were replaced under warrenty. The car has a sportier ride than the other models.. w/ tighter handling,, and doesn't have the floaty feeling. it is quite and smooth.. i haven't had any issues with rattling. I also haven't had any transmission issues or acceleration issues.. i know quite a few people with avalons,, and no one has had any issues with these things.. i really enjoy the car and as a family of 5 ( 2 are teenage boys) we can travel very comfortably and have a huge trunk.. don't miss the space of the minivan.. would highly recommend..

Favorite Features

upgraded stereo,, steering wheel bluetooth controls.. electronic brake assist..(stops on a dime--it has come in handy when someone pulls out right in front of you when youre' doing 50mph.,, love sunroof

Suggested Improvements

narrower, sportier console.

not a caddy ,please
By haybailer

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The touring is a low rider, street driver with low profile tires and a sport tuned ride. It rides like my 2000 4matic although the Avalon is fwd, Taller strut towers and low profile, so I'm told so far. Tire bite good in snow, Nokians. But ,I'm trying to soften the ride this summer threw after market seek. Softer struts. These cars are fine for the money.

Favorite Features

24 mpg on reg, quite even with snow tires. good value.

Suggested Improvements

Leg room for the drivers. May be upwards for long legged people or center counsels really are too wide in a lot of cars.