2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car Except Float Handling
By rfcn2 on 11/30/12 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I went shopping in 2008 I really wanted a Caddy CTS or an Acura RL. CTS could not be ordered with blue tooth for phone or laser cruise control. CTS by far drove the best. My Dad passed away about this time and left me a 2001 Avalon. It was a basic one but was very comfortable and got great MPG. So as almost an afterthought I went to Toyota dealer. They had the features I wanted and the car was 15 grand less than Acura. I really planned to hate the Toyota. I now think it is one of the best cars I have owned. Still is floaty and poor on curvy roads. Still overpowers the front wheels if too much gas is given. A great value IMHO. Amazing MPG for something this fast.

Amazing Car to Drive!
By kcoughlan on 11/11/12 11:40 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this Avalon from family member, 79000 miles. Upon inspection my mechanic could not believe the condition of the vehicle for the amount of mileage. The quality and craftsmanship of this vehicle is the best that I have ever experienced. Whether around town (18 mpg) or on the highway (28 mpg), the performance of this car is outstanding. All the buttons and bells , except for on board navigation which I substitute with my own gps system. Incredible stereo system. Can not believe that this is a 2008.

Love it!
By ksgirl1 on 10/30/12 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in 2/11. It now has 101,000mi on it. I have it serviced at Toyota and it always checks out fine. So far I have been nothing but pleased. I have put 22,000 miles on it and have taken it on several long 2 day road trips. It is very comfortable. I have two small children and the backseat has tons of space for both of them and all of their stuff. Love the reclining back seats and built in sunshade. Trunk is huge. I have all the bells and whistles and love the navigation, built in Bluetooth etc. We just recently replaced the battery, other than that no issues. Would highly recommend.

It is what we thought it would be...
By iknowhatikno on 10/17/12 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you are looking for a used Avalon, this is the year to start from. The revised 6 speed transmission is a marked improvement in smoothness, gas mileage, and reliability over the 5 speed autos from 2005-07. There are numerous websites and complaints about thse tranys). Also, the car was freshened on the exterior and has an Ipod plug. The one issue with the '08 model year is the headlamp assemblies, which are a well-documented problem. The good news is that Toyota extended the warranty for the headlamp assemblies for 5 years and 75000 miles from the original in service date. But you have to call Toyota because many dealers will rip off the unsaavy. The Avalon is otherwise a great car.

Holding it's value!
By pj_flygare on 09/08/12 23:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

How many times can you buy a car and two years later have equity for such? Bought this 2008 style two years ago @52k miles. Both HD light had to be replaced the first month. TOYOTA DIDN'T COVERED THAT! BAD TOYOTA! USD 800 for parts and service! On the other hand MPG, amazing! City=28, Highway= 33. Right rear wheel bearing is making noises, about 400 dollar service. Paint is very soft, already have several rust spots on hood and side panels. Comfort amazing! Noise level inside, higher than my previous 1998 Volvo V70!? JBL sound system not to par, not good at all.

Unexpected Quality
By luvtoyota10 on 02/18/12 13:37 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a Toyota Venza, this is my father's car and I thought it was just some slow, floaty old man car. I was kind of wrong. Its not slow and floaty at all, but still kind of an old man car. This touring model almost drives like a camry but the sterring is light and vague, like my Venza. Its pretty agile for its size. The ride is very comfortable even with the touring suspension, unlike my 2010 venza... There is still more body roll than I expected but I like its stability. The HID headlamps are cool but expesive in the long-run. I wish the display for the radio and climate controls were a bit better. I really like the color scheme too it's Blue Mirage exterior and Black leather interior.

WILL NEVER TOYOTA AGAIN!!!
By tanniel on 12/08/11 08:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always owned a Toyota vehicle. I am a loyal customer of that brand. However, I WILL NEVER BUY A TOYOTA AGAIN!!!!! EVER!!!! Marietta Toyota on Cobb Parkway is CRAP!!!! The service center is HORRIBLE!!!! Worst attitudes there this morning as if I owe THEM SOMETHING!!! I have a 2008 Avalon that has a headlight out IN LESS THAN 5 YEARS and they will not replace it unless I pay $300!!! Toyota is crooked, and CLEARLY doesn't stand by their work/products... Hyundai has warranties that last up to TEN YEARS and 200K miles and their cars are way cheaper!!! That is a HUGE slap in the face! I was looking to get a Lexus next year but after this experience my next car WILL NOT be a Toyota!

The best car I've ever owned!
By snowwie on 05/12/11 01:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Toyota Avalon is the best value car in its class. The ride is very smooth & quiet. I've test drove the Lexus GS before I test drove the avalon and I could not tell the difference in performance. The avalon has more cabin space at lower price

2008 Avalon Limited not perfect
By patrick59 on 04/03/11 19:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased an '08 Avalon Limited with 28,000 miles on it four months ago. So far, I'm only somewhat satisfied. Unfortunately, the dashboard rattled and squeaked as if it had 180,000 miles, although I didn't notice that when I test drove it. I had to jam coins down the sides of the dash where it meets the windshield columns in order to tighten it up. The workmanship of the assembly is poor. Also, the front seats would not heat or cool, but the dealer fixed that problem before I took posession. I like the bluetooth connectivity, but the sound of the phone only comes out of one speaker and it distorts pretty badly if you turn it up enough to hear the other person at highway speeds.

This one I like
By Per on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Intended to buy a Camry from 2001 ended up with Avalon Touring. Already at test driving the car, it had similar features as my Volvo V70. A nice smooth ride. After only one week of driving, I have found the MPG (Vs. listed on websites) much better. So far I have been averaging 28.7 in combined city and highway driving! This is not from the dash-info, but personal log. All features working perfectly. Never thought I would become a Toyota owner, I am happy with this one!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.