Love my long trip cruiser
By Hank on
2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I wanted a big comfortable car for long trips, 2000 miles plus, I have an Infiniti G-35 coupe (supercharged). The coupe is a great fun driving car but no boulevard cruiser for long trips. The Avalon totally fit the bill. I have taken three 12 hour trips all through the mountains, and the car handled beautifully. I do all of the driving and I did not feel beaten up when I got to the destinations. If I get tired, I pull over and stretch out on the back seat - it's flat and level. I had an Infiniti I30; the Avalon is a better long trip road car.
Favorite Features
The power front bolsters are great leg supports. The power vented seats came in handy - I hate to be sweaty while traveling! The sun screen is also beneficial at night if there is a truck behind you with high headlights. The interior has a very clean look with the covers for most of the knobs, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Add bluetooth. Add a port for an iPod. Eliminate paint blemishes. Eliminate the recliner rear seats so that the back seat can fold down for better cargo transport; the trunk is on the small side. Go to touch screen on nav. system. JBL not a Bose. Needs a clear trunk lip protector. Tint windows.