2007 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Disappointed

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Disappointed
By harmonyrn on

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The seats in this Avalon are terrible, more uncomfortable than you can imagine. Why would a designer put all kinds of seams in a car seat? The steering is also "hard", not smooth like in our 2003 Avalon. It feels like I'm driving a Mack truck. The radio sounds like an old transistor AM radio - tinny and poor quality. I've also had major problems with merging onto interstates from entrance ramps; sometimes I wonder if I'll make it without being rear ended by a car 1/4 mile behind me. The pick-up is not reliable. Cabin noise is very loud on interstates, mostly from moonroof. Overall, if you are a small woman who is looking for comfort and a great car for road trips, the 2007 Avalon is not it.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and color. Large trunk which opens easily but closes with much difficulty. Good fuel economy on highways. Easy gas cap removal and return. Air-conditioning vents have many position choices. Adequate windshield wipers. Cup holders and interior storage. Responsive cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable leather seats, as in the 2003 Avalon. Better quality radio/speakers. Quieter cabin - less noise from moonroof and front doors. Smoother, more reliable pick-up. Improved ease of closing trunk. Adjustable armrests for smaller drivers. Higher positioning of cruise controls.