2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Love my long trip cruiser
By Hank on 01/04/07 13:40 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a big comfortable car for long trips, 2000 miles plus, I have an Infiniti G-35 coupe (supercharged). The coupe is a great fun driving car but no boulevard cruiser for long trips. The Avalon totally fit the bill. I have taken three 12 hour trips all through the mountains, and the car handled beautifully. I do all of the driving and I did not feel beaten up when I got to the destinations. If I get tired, I pull over and stretch out on the back seat - it's flat and level. I had an Infiniti I30; the Avalon is a better long trip road car.

Far, far ahead of the rest of the field
By RDW on 01/01/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After researching and test driving 15 cars, including the BMW 530, MB E350, Cadillac STS, Lincoln MKZ, and Hyundai Azera, I purchased the Avalon Limited. Unlike most of its competition, the Avalon Limited is available with desirable features, such as a first-class stereo and seat heaters, without absurdly complex car controls or having to purchase overpriced nonsense like DVD navigation systems to get other features. Car may be the most silent available, & can comfortably seat five U.S.-sized adults. Roofline is high enough to accommodate six-foot-plus drivers and passengers, even with the moon roof. Acceleration is smooth and quiet, and the controls are logical and well laid out.

Great Car
By BJ on 12/27/06 11:10 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great riding car, comfortable for 5 people. Quality of inerior is very upscale.

I like It!
By mchamp on 12/26/06 23:47 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While I have only had the car for a few days, it has been great. It is a quiet, smooth and comfortable ride. It seems to be doing well on MPG but not quite what I expected (lower then expected). I also like the fact that you only need to do an oil change every 5,000 miles. This should help in cost (if other cars are still needing to do it every 3,000 miles). My Avalon has so far exceded my expectations.

Great car for the money
By JBP on 12/23/06 09:03 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Everything I expected, gets more comfortable with use. Fun to drive, lots of toys (nav) or just "think" in a quiet, smooth ride. Sporty to drive and comfortable on long drives.

Not as good as the 2001 model
By roger d on 12/19/06 18:33 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for one month. I'm only getting 27 mpg hwy while I got 31 in my old 2001 Avalon. The transmission does some weird things when going slow. Real jerky. Ride is nothing like my old one. Much rougher and the most annoying thing is engine noise. I admit I was spoiled with my last Avalon so maybe with time I'll adjust. They changed the way you change the oil and filter to deter you from doing it yourself. When you test drive one of these cars, ask to drive one of the 2004s or earlier and compare. Climb underneath and look for the oil filter. It's inside the engine now I'm told. They replaced the steel pan under the front of the engine with some cheap plastic. I'm not happy.

Good all around car
By Speed_Racer on 12/19/06 09:13 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There are 2 outstanding features about this car: 1) The engine: It pulls throughout its entire range. 2) Room: So much back-seat room. More room than the previous generation Lexus LS. I have owned many cars, sports and lurury. The Avalon offers a superb ride. There is a little too much lean in corners, and it tends to oversteer when pushed. The flip side of this is a nice ride for commutes.

Best Luxury Buy on the market!
By Bruce Allen on 12/12/06 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Avalon's ride is superb, but it still retains excellent handling, performance and braking. Fuel consumption is very close to "as stated". The Avalon is the best kept secret in the industry; it is a superb luxury car with great fuel economy, performance and excellent resale.

Former Lifetime GM Owner
By Former GM Owner on 12/09/06 22:45 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased 5 new GM vehicles since 1994. The new Toyota Avalon XLS is superb so far, great handling, quiet ride, super gas mileage on 87 octane regular. The Avalon 3.5 engine has so much more power than my Buick with 3800 engine, it's sometimes almost too quick. I ordered the sound deadening package which maybe just an undercoat, but it sure rides quiet. I like the well lighted large letter display.The special oil filter valve that keeps all the oil from draining back into the pan, and the 6.4 quart oil pan should add engine life.

2007 Avalon Great Ride
By crashlando on 12/09/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Avalon is a great ride. It is a large luxury sedan with high performance. The ride is sporty without being too stiff. The engine is high performance with a lot of acceleration. The only things that the Avalon need is Bluetooth and a better navigation system. This car handles and rides like a Lexus but is several thousand dollars cheaper.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.