Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited
By Marvh

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, hate having Toyota as my mom. The limitation of the navigation system are stupid. Having to acknowledge "I accept" everytime you start the car is ridiculous. But even more annoying is that your passengers cannot program the nav system while the car is in motion. Driving down the road with my wife we decide we want to get something to eat. Toyota makes you pull to the side of the freeway and stop (endangering life and property) and then do your navigation. By the time you work this out you can drive through most towns and find a place to eat without the navigation system. The lack of an aux input for the stereo system in this day and age is just plain dumb.

Dump the "I acknowledge screen" everytime the car is started. Add an aux/MP3 jack to the system. Allow navigation while moving.

Reliable Car
By Howard Rose

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Avalon out of my last 5 cars. Needless to say, I have been happy overall. I had an 1997, 2001, 2004 and now the 07. Car has a lot more power than any previously. Very roomy for back seat passengers.

Pickup on hitting the gas, roomy, nice styling. Quiet and comfortable ride.

Get rid of that stupid tape player and use that for storage space. Need more storage place and put back the change holder in the center console. Better placement of the 2 extra plug ins for phone and portable GPS. Poor visability when backing up.

Best 4 Door Sedan on the road!
By Madi

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2006 Avalon and was hit head on by a pickup truck. Survived because of the air bags, seat belts and the front crush panels engineered into the car. Replaced the Avalon with a new 2007 Avalon. Shifts smoother, rides like a dream, and has even better milage than the 2006. I get 30/31 mpg on the road and 23/24 in town and for a full sized sedan that is amazing.

Love the air and heat built into the seats.

Avalon let down
By CJB

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of this car were all that remains after less than a year 6 problems in the first year. Rain leaks, water from washer fluid leaks, tire sensors bad, no start twice, and a very strange shift pattern unless I drive like my grand mom. No fun car. Looks good but I expected more. Next time it is the Acura. Either I got a bad apple or the Toyota name is not all what is is hyped up to be.

Roomy and stylish interior.

Great, no, fantastic car for the money
By Roy

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is all about refinement and silky performance. Fit and finish is outstanding as is ride comfort and quietness. To think I have a car which will get to 60 in under 7 secs, get mid 20's mileage in all round driving, and near 30mpg on the highway, all on regular gas is truly remarkable. Stereo and adaptive cruise control are great but I am disappointed that the memory seat feature doesn't adjust the steering wheel and main rear view mirror like cars in this price range should. Here in North Florida I recommend the extra window tint and the optional rear window screen.I haven't ridden in that fabulous rear seat but my guests have commented that the comfort rivals limos they've ridden.

Love the silky feel of everything starting with the steering wheel. The car will really move out when asked to but is deceptively quiet. Best of all is that feeling of comfort when effortlessly cruising down the highway at 70 with the stereo on. This one will be a keeper for a long time.

Nav system has irksome "I agree" disclaimer before it will display. This has to go. I have a tall sitting height and would have liked to have had the extra headroom instead of a sunroof; not possible on a Limited. The stereo has no tape capability with a nav system installed. Needs side protection.