2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Seat hurts
By iceboss on 03/15/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The front seat hurts my back. Little lateral support and even with the lumbar support fully retracted, the seat protrudes into my lower back, making driving for more than a few minutes uncomfortable. The navigation system is unreliable. It can't compute the shortest or quickest distance. It can't find my house. It would have added an hour to a 9 hour trip I took had I believed it. It sometimes tells me to go three sides around a rectangular block instead of the direct line from point A to point B.

A Fine Ride
By tknight on 02/26/07 05:45 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Switched from a Toyota Camry to the upscale Avalon. While only having had it for 4 months, the experience has been wonderful. Drives like a luxury car and not hard on the eyes. I am very pleased so far.

Lots of car for the money
By mp on 02/22/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful ride and nice and quiet. I added the VSC and moon roof. My former car was a 2002 Concorde LXI and so far the Avalon is far superior in every way. Taking long drives is a pleasant experience. I also have gottem almost 31 mpg on interstate trips.

Preliminary Review
By carhop57 on 02/02/07 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just took possession of the car two weeks ago and cannot provide a meaningful review. However, I thought I would mention what caught my eye for others to contemplate if interested in this model. The alignment of the dash with the doorside simulated wood panels was out of kilter on the driver's side and the front driver's side fender panel was slightly out of alignment. Nothing too serious, but I was expecting perfection. I take the car back to the dealer next week to install side moldings/mudguards and will mention this to them. After I get some mileage under my belt I'll rate again. At this stage rated the car giving the benefit of the doubt.

07 avalon limited
By Bill on 01/31/07 11:54 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet ride. Has much more overall room inside than my previous vehicle (Camry.) More horsepower and I have no initial complaints.

Improvements and Upgrades
By El Supremo on 01/25/07 10:26 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota has upgraded the vehicle significantly. I have previously owned a 1996 and 2000 XLS models. My biggest complaints are the seats are not as comfortable as the 2000 model and the laser cruise control backs the speed down when approaching the rear of another vehicle without regard to what is behind your vehicle. I don't see the practicality of the rear window sunshade.

The Best Buick that Buick never made
By Russ Day on 01/16/07 20:10 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Cassis Pearl Avalon purchased in September, '06 is wonderful car to drive. Highway fuel economy regularly exceeds 28 MPG with overall fuel economy always better than 24 MPG. The Touring edition has a suspension suited to my driving style. I have had no problems to date with just over 5,000 miles. I replaced a 2000 Avalon XLS and the 2007 Touring model is larger, more powerful, and gets better fuel economy.

My Excellent '07 Avalon Ltd.
By Jim Chanaberry on 01/13/07 06:28 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My '07 Avalon is excellent in all respects. The comfort of my car is far superior to the Camry (longer wheel base) and the leg room in the back seat makes for super comfort. Combine that with reclining rear seats and you've got serious riding pleasure. The trunk's a bit small and I thing Toyota should make ride stability control standard on all their autos. Summing up; I think a 9.3 rating is right on point. I couldn't be happier (well, not much).

Love that car!!!
By CDA Mom on 01/09/07 21:37 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car last week. I love it. I have not had any problems I have seen in some comments. I am thoroughly impressed with the creature comforts of the interior. I also love the features on the vehicle, laser cruise, nav system, remote start, keyless entry, and the best (in my opinion) is the heated/cooled seats (I have lower back problems). The vehicle is a great value -- a lexus similarly outfitted would be substantially more money with higher costs, tires, premium gas, etc. I do not care about the badge, more important is the luxury, quality and the features. Great vehicle!!!

Better choice than a Jag
By Aaron on 01/05/07 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Jaguar S-Type on the Limited. The Avalon offers just about all of the same goodies and then some as the S-type at about $15000 less. The reliability ratings and customer satisfaction reviews were what convinced me to buy the Avalon. The S-Type had numerous little problems and two big mechanical problems and from what I've read and heard, the Avalon is much more reliable. The ride is considerably quieter and smoother than the S-Type, although not as responsive and sporty. The gadgets are just as comparable to the Jaguar, auto dimming mirrors are a luxury I can't live without now. The ventilated seats, oooo la la!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.