Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

I just got rid of it after 6500 miles
By David A

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after doing a lot of research and was initially quite happy with it. Over the 15 months that I had it, it was in the shop twice for rattles, and twice to have the oxygen sensor issue fixed, for a total of about 7 or 8 days without the car, most was related to the sensors. It had another annoying rattle in the dash when I got rid of it. These may have all started after I had XM added to the car, but that doesn't make the rattles go away. I traded it in for a non-Toyota vehicle after 6500 miles.

Favorite Features

Great on highway and other smooth roads. Nice sounding stereo, comfy seats, good gas mileage for a car this big.

Suggested Improvements

Too much road noise for a car of this price. Location of 12 volt outlets is very poor (I bought extensions from Radio Shack). Install satellite radio at factory. Change ugly blue display on dash.

2007 Avalon Limited
By Joe

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic vehicle for the price. Power and economy are much better than my previous Cadillacs. 12V power outlets need to be better placed and memory stearing wheel needs to be added on entry and exit. We have had a problem with the windshield washer reservoir leaking fluid on two ocassions during the first year. The hose keeps coming loose from the reservoir. This is an extremely quiet vehicle that gets 27+ mpg on the road and 22+ all around. Fun car to drive and the ride is as good as anything on the market.

Favorite Features

The air cooled and heated seats are great. The leg room in the back seat is exceptional and the reclining rear seats are a hit for passengers on long trips. The rear sun shade is great in the summer months.

Suggested Improvements

Add individual tire sensors readings instead of one warning light for all four wheels and move the power outlets to a more convenient place. Memory steering wheel should be added for a vehicle in this price range.

Satisfaction with Avalon
By Harold Cofer

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a Lexus GS 300, then looked at an Avalon Ltd. and decides to buy the Avalon. Almost the same car except, I think there is actually more leg room in the rear of the Avalon. The only thing that I dislike is the console shift. I think there would be more leg room with a column shift. The memory seats really need 2 positions plus exit, similiar to GM vehicles. I drove GM vehicles for the previous 35 years.

Favorite Features

Heating and COOLED seats. Fantastic! Good performance. Good handling. I wish I had ordered GPS option.

Suggested Improvements

As stated above, memory seats with 2 positions plus exit. Heated and cooled rear seats with controls in the rear. Electrically operated steering wheel position.

ALMOST A PERFECT 10!!!
By ABerk

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the XL model since Aug. '07 and have about 6500K ultra-enjoyable miles on it. I've had two Beemers and an Infinity, also enjoyed them very much, but the Avalon is special in that it's smooth, quiet, fairly ecnomical on gas, considering its size. I use regular octane -- also Plus and Premium at times. I also have found the cloth/velour seats to be very practical -- warm on cold days, cool on hot ones. Transmission-wise, it just knows when to shift for you -- it's really a symbiotic relationship between car and driver, to use that analogy. The driver's seat needs more back support, though. So, I'll rate this car as a 9-1/2 -- ALMOST PERFECT -- but then again, nothing's perfect

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited
By Marvh

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, hate having Toyota as my mom. The limitation of the navigation system are stupid. Having to acknowledge "I accept" everytime you start the car is ridiculous. But even more annoying is that your passengers cannot program the nav system while the car is in motion. Driving down the road with my wife we decide we want to get something to eat. Toyota makes you pull to the side of the freeway and stop (endangering life and property) and then do your navigation. By the time you work this out you can drive through most towns and find a place to eat without the navigation system. The lack of an aux input for the stereo system in this day and age is just plain dumb.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the "I acknowledge screen" everytime the car is started. Add an aux/MP3 jack to the system. Allow navigation while moving.