2007 Toyota Avalon XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Sort Reviews by

2007 Avalon with Special Edition Pk 2
By BlackBeauty

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been buying new cars for 40 years. This is my first Japan purchase. My Avalon is the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

All the features are my favorite features. Great gas mileage and incredible performance.

Nice Ride
By Nice Ride

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was reluctant to trade in my '03 Tahoe, but rising gas prices caused me to look at something more efficient. Advertised city mileage of 22 mpg appears to be about right. This is not in my opinion a mid size sedan. This car is roomy and comfortable, something my mom would drive. But don't get me wrong, this is not a 'mom' car. Sporty look, smooth ride, minimal road noise. I no longer regret trading the SUV.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, large display in center of dash is easy to read, controls on steering wheel, Homelink.

Suggested Improvements

Dump the cassette player, it is just taking up space.

Happy Avalon Owner!
By Rick S.

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having rented the Avalon 3 times for trips that each exceeded 1100 miles, for me, it was a no brainer to purchase this car. In April I choose the the 2007 Avalon Limited w/Navigation. Pros: roomy interior, comfortable ride and build fit and finish. Cons: replace joy-stick navigation with the touch screen interface. (Our 2005 Camry XLE has the touch screen nav and it is much easier to use.) Overall: the fact that every Avalon I rented performed flawlessly was the first sign this was probably going to be a great car to own. So far I have had nothing change my mind.

Favorite Features

Laser cruise control, 6 CD player, roomy back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen navigation, more interior storage bins (you can never have too many!), better placement of power jacks (something like in the Camry).

Happy Pappy new toy
By 66gman

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2000 Avalon XLS. Now a 2007 Avalon Limited. Best car I ever had. I drive part time (retired) as a transporter. I drive many top level cars with 30-45000 miles on them and they are ready for the grave yard. When I get a Toyota product (Camry & Avalon) even the wear and tear doesn't show as on the others makes.

Favorite Features

Quietness, power, comfort, wife loves them.

Suggested Improvements

None come to mind.

New 2007 Avalon XL
By ABM

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever own as far as performance, room, comfort and sporty looks. Car is fun to drive and is very quiet.

Favorite Features

Performance and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Improve radio reception, CD player works well.

a lot for the money
By shawn in georgia

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had my limited for 3 weeks and put 1800 miles on it (combination of city and highway). Overall very good. Quiet, comfortable smooth ride for all occupants. Surprising acceleration. Exceptional fit and finish and quality materials. The laser cruise control is fantastic, will never be able to own another car without it. Navigation system is as bad as everyone else says it is (my primary complaint). My wife has a 2007 Yukon Denali XL and the navigation ease of use on it makes the Avalon look literally silly. No mute button on the radio is a real pain. Trunk has to be slammed very hard to close it (needs automatic tensioner). Have not experienced jerky shifts at low speeds as some have.

Favorite Features

Laser cruise control, surprising acceleration, quiet cabin, fit and finish, overall quality

Suggested Improvements

Navigation is terrible!! Need mute on radio. Trunk lid needs tensioner to close quieter and smoother. center console storage needs shelf, big hole that everything falls into.

My first Toyota
By SoCal

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't had this car for long but has a smooth ride and clean spacious interior. I'm not the typical demographic age for this car almost 30 with 1 child. I wanted a large ,comfortable, and safe car for road trips around the coast, mountains, and deserts. So far I love my new Avalon in Blue Mirage.

Favorite Features

The auto leveling lights, smooth lines in interior, no floor hump in the rear, reclining rear seats for my son to take a nap, bright led lights in dash, moonroof, feels luxurious.

Suggested Improvements

No cassette please bluetooth and Ipod instead, MPG as advertised is actually less, RDS text display should stay on.

Excellent and fun
By Don

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just drove our new Limited Avalon home from an 1000 mile trip and think it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Just got out of an Audi A6 which was an excellent car but the Avy beats it in almost every respect. The nav system is as good if not better than my old Garmin or the Audi built-in unit and can be set for fastest, direct or other routes which may be an operator issue with previous reviews. Lateral support is not as good as the Audi but that seat was unique among automakers so it's not a fair comparison. Seat adjustments are almost infinite making it hard not to find a comfortable setting and the lumbar support and vented seats are a real plus on long drives - during which we got 34 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Color choices are a bit boring and oversteer is noticeable but that's a trade-off for a soft suspension.

Worth every penny
By Dean

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an Avalon 2007 last year. I used to drive other cars such as Acura TL, or Lexus ES. Here is some main differences: Compared to Acura TL, it has less road noise (only with Limited since it has windshield reduce noise) but not better in audio system (even 12-speaker system). Compared to Lexus, it's less smooth (suspension), more road noise but much cheaper with more options. Compared to both, Avalon is roomy, not better in cornering, less warranty (others are 4 years), cheaper when resale.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth, powerful, many add-on luxury technologies such as seat memory, smart key, laser cruise, 12- speaker system, temperature dual zone, auto dim mirrors, heated side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Some manufacturer flaws: 1. Laser cruise reduces speed without turning on the braking lights. 2. Navigation disables most functions while driving. User interface, maps, routing algorithm is the worst. 3. No MP3, Bluetooth, DVD player. 4. Exterior paint is easily scrached while driving.

Love it
By brian miller

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a very comfortable and fun vehicle to drive. We love this car! This car is equipped with lots of leg room. Three large adults can ride comfortably in the Avalon.

Favorite Features

The dash board display, the horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders.