2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car
By John on 07/11/07 16:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just about everything about this car is great, at the price paid it should be. It does have a few shortcomings, the trunk lid closes like a piece of tin. The dealer said nothing can be done about it and the back bumper where it fits along the side is a poor fit. Overall the car is joy to drive.

Beautiful Automobile
By Brad M on 07/03/07 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Avalon that I've owned, and the 2007 is much nicer than the 2004 I traded. Test drove Volvo S80, Saab 9-5 and Lexus ES 350. The Avalon, while not having the panache of the other brands, is by far the best value for the money. Beautiful interior, contemporary exterior and the powertrain is responsive.

Excellent car for the price
By Sharad Patel on 07/03/07 06:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Lexus 2005 ES 330 - not happy at all after 25000 miles, traded to 2006 Honda Accord - ok, finally found Avalon XL 2007, very very happy. Drove 1000 miles so far, I will keep this car at least up to 100,000 miles. Excellent car for the price. This car does not have MP3 cd changer or iPod input which is my strong requirement, however got Harman-Kardon gadget installed that plays iPod. I strongly suggest to test drive this car before you spend lots of money some place else. I rate this car almost 9.8, very comfortable and really fun to drive compared to my previous two new cars I bought. I drive ~20000 miles in a year and need comfortable car, this will do the job.

Comfortable Car
By Padre on 07/01/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Avalon is a great car to experience driving comfort. The interior is very roomy pleasant to use. Keyless ignition is OK but seems to be an answer to a question no one has asked. Exterior is pleasant but could use more classic car styling such as Chrysler has found such success with. All-in-all a great car!

Luxurious Without Luxury Price Tag
By JayGee on 06/24/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just drove 2600 miles on 2 week vacation. Car is great. Was hesitant at first to buy a sedan, because driving positions on SUVs are more comfortable. But after all the miles and all the hours in the car on this trip, I had no back pain or discomfort. Averaged 28 to 29 mpg on highway but I was cruising at 75 mph most of the time. Could have done better at lower speed, but car is so well built that 75 mph feels like 55 mph. Luxury looks, luxury ride and luxury features without the luxury price tag. Very glad I bought this car.

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS
By trumpet on 06/23/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Avalon -1995, 2000, 2007. I didn't feel comfortable with the drive by wire acceleration. Two trips to the dealer where they scanned the computer didn't show anything. Finally, on Edmunds forum someone had TSB EG 029-07 regarding the tranny controller. Brought to the dealer with this info. The reprogrammed the controller and this fixed the problem.

Great Car, Would Buy Again
By SHOW-ME-2 on 06/23/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at a number of different cars before we bought this one and I'm very happy we bought the Avalon. Usually you have to take a car back after you buy it for minor things, well after 6 months and 4,000 miles not one thing is wrong with this car. It's my wife's car and I can't get her out of it, she loves it.

Our first lemon
By guy on 06/13/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very disappointed in this vehicle for many problems. First the air bag light came on and it took the dealer 5 mos to get repaired. The car tracks to the right and the dealer took 7 mos to repair after repeated denials of a problem. The problem apparently was caused by being lashed down too tightly while being transported. The transmission is jerky, slips and clunks at times. The engine is loud, apparently w/o adequate padding. Visibility while backing is poor. There is a glare on the ample dash. The remote start must be operated perfectly for it to work. Don't hold the push start button or else it will crank down, just tap it. You have to slam the trunk to close. Good luck.

Best Yet
By Richard G. on 05/29/07 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car and best Avalon I have ever owned. Rides like a dream. Looks great. Very roomy. Almost no noise. I can't believe my fuel mileage. Consistently between 28 and 33 using cruise when driving the speed limit. Got great value on my 03 trade in to boot.

Proud to Join Avalon Family!
By T.W. on 05/28/07 17:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Three weeks into our '07 Avalon and could not be happier! Smooth, silent, and getting great gas mileage (32+)! Seats the family (2 boys and 2 dogs) easily. Trips are nice and love the luxury! Probably will never own anything else.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.