2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Not the same car
By TEACHER on 11/13/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 Avalon XL in on a 2007 XLS. I wish I had the 2002 back. It was much quieter and had more stability. The 2007 engine is noisy and often clatters like a diesel. Dealership says that is normal?? I just hope that it does not finally fail while I am on a long trip 2000 miles from home. I enjoy driving the car but would feel much more at ease if the engine were not so noisy and the transmission shifted smoother. The rear vision from the car when backing is also very limited. Knowing where the rear of the car is questionable. I like the interior and the entertainment system. Paint also chips very easy. Dealer blamed it on the EPA.

AvaRoooom
By Carlos on 10/26/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a cool car. Traded a Dodge Ram Laramie 4X4 Quad cab for it. Didn't lose much on interior room, doubled my gas milage. Used to jump in my wifes SAAB 9-3 convertible every chance I had before. Not anymore. I like this big, powerful, roomy car. Thus the AvaRooom... roomy and vrooom!!! Lots of compliments on the desert sand mica color scheme. By the way, I did test drive a Lexus ES350. Using the extra money for my kids college tuition. Maintenance is very inexpensive as well. For the most part change oil and rotate tires every 5K miles.

2007 Avalon XL
By Arnold Melnikoff on 10/18/07 23:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far with 11,000 miles it has been a great car, fantastic mileage on the interstate 32-34 miles per gallon at 65-70 miles per hour. Mileage drops to 30 at 75 miles per hour. Very comfortable car for long road trips Lots of room front and back seats Great car for the money.

Impressive
By apricot on 10/13/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Chrysler 300 for this vehicle and have only made one 1000 mile trip (Smoky Mtns.) so far, but I am very impressed with all aspects of the car. It is a more refined car than the Chrysler and very enjoyable to drive. It is quiet, quick, roomy and has a very nice ride without sacrificing handling. I had read complaints about the harsh ride on the Touring edition, but I disagree. It definitely rides better than my 300 did. I got just over 31mpg on the road on the trip to the Smokies which gives you a cruising range of around 550 miles! As with any review, I suggest you consider what the reviewer is comparing the car to - in this case a 2001 Chrysler 300.

Quality is gone
By PhxOwner on 09/20/07 15:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS and it was perhaps the finest car I've ever owned. That's why I bought another one last year. What a disappointment. The transmission always hesitates before finding the right gear, there is a thumping noise coming from the trunk every time I go over a bump, but there is nothing in the trunk. The wind noise on the freeway is excessive. Rear visibility isn't very good. Cup holders don't hold standard cups. Toyota missed with this one.

Not Happy
By Bruce on 09/18/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 1200 miles on my new Avalon and it will be a while before I get used to it, if I do at all. I owned a 2000 Lincoln Towncar before this and the ride and comfort was much better. It also came standard with 6-way power seats on the passenger side, which you can't get in the Avalon. The wheel well is so tight you scrape your hands trying to clean them. The paint coat is so thin on the front it chips real easy, didn't have this problem with the Lincoln. I was getting 20/26 MPG with the Towncar and only get 2 MPG more with my Toyota. May go back to a Ford Product the next time. The joy stick on the navigation system is time consuming.

Toyota vs. Lexus
By Thomas Michael on 08/11/07 03:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota's flagship is a great car, of course there are some bugs. The heated and ventilated seats sacrifice comfort for a little cool air on your bottom. Using synthetic oil I can get 33 mpg on flat interstate. Around the mountains I average 24-28 mpg. I convinced my dealer to put some extra padding in the drivers seat and the service manager only did this because the leather had a crease in it. They refused to fix the passenger seat, so it's like sitting on a block of wood, well maybe not that bad but compared to other seats it's pretty bad. I am going for a Lexus ES 350 next time.

A Good Match for Us
By Mas on 07/27/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We wanted reliability, comfort, good mileage, and high build quality. The Avalon delivers all. We sold our 2005 PT Cruiser because of noise and because we expected better mileage from a 4-cylinder. After driving the Avalon 3 weeks I wonder why I ever strayed from Toyota. The workmanship is superb, and the roominess heavenly. My husband would not consider a Camry due to size, but is happy with the Avalon. Ride is soothing and quiet.

Truly Impressed
By CarlosV on 07/16/07 16:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Truly impressed. My family enjoyed the comfort and space. My wife loved the quick, smooth accelaration and ride. Late last night a drunk driver t-boned us doing over 70mph. The car is a total loss and the accident left us sore all over. My 3 year old son and 10 month old daughter, my wife, brother in law, and I are thankful for a car to do its job. I recommend it to everyone.

Disappointed
By harmonyrn on 07/15/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The seats in this Avalon are terrible, more uncomfortable than you can imagine. Why would a designer put all kinds of seams in a car seat? The steering is also "hard", not smooth like in our 2003 Avalon. It feels like I'm driving a Mack truck. The radio sounds like an old transistor AM radio - tinny and poor quality. I've also had major problems with merging onto interstates from entrance ramps; sometimes I wonder if I'll make it without being rear ended by a car 1/4 mile behind me. The pick-up is not reliable. Cabin noise is very loud on interstates, mostly from moonroof. Overall, if you are a small woman who is looking for comfort and a great car for road trips, the 2007 Avalon is not it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.