Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

I love my Avalon
By RichG

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned (and first non-USA model, although was mfd in KY). Brakes are fantastic, economy much better than anticipated (usually >30 on hwy if driven around speed limit). I don't agree with the raps on the seat comfort: I'm pretty big and it's fine. Handles great. Have had many of the minor problems reported by others: Tranny shifting improved by TSB re-calib. Just encountered famous windshield washer hose problem. Paint issues like everyone else. Lack of fold-in mirrors inexplicable. Strongly recommend dealer installed side molding. But I still love this car.

Favorite Features

Brakes, stability control (which I didn't think I would like), handling, interior comfort and room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear sightlines, paint durability, mirrors should fold in.

Problems, Problems, Problems!
By Brian jackson

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own the 2007 Touring model. The transmission bucks and slams into the next gear, I had a wheel bearing go out at 5K miles, the electric mirror adjustment button fell through the dash, tire pressure sensor stays on all the time even though pressure is right and now the sunglasses holder is broken and wont close. Don't buy Avalon 2006 - 2008 year model. Buyer beware.

Favorite Features

Interior, trunk space. The car is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to shift smoother, interior components are cheap.

2007 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl
By Boca Wife

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At first I wasn't very impressed with the car until I drove it. It was great. My husband is over 6'6" he actually picked out the car first, he was very comfortable seated in it. Both my kids are over 5 feet all and they are between the age of 9 and 11. I am 5' 9 " I am sure the son will enjoy this car when he is 16... I hope. Thanks to my husband for introducing the Avalon. It's great.

Favorite Features

It is very roomy and comfort and I really like how it looks inside.

Suggested Improvements

It's difficult to plug in my cell phone charger and it should have bluetooth capability as a standard feature

Great value & satisfaction
By Big Daddy Kenn

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6-2 290 with tall sons. Car fits us great. Great motor and acceleration. Averaging 23-24 daily and 29-30 highway and I'm an aggressive driver. It's very comfortable. A quiet car. Driving-small turning circle. Good daily and highway car. Not as tight handler as BMW. Trunk has good storage room. Car has great fit and finish. Cabin well laid out. Nice sound system - could have more power though. No mechanical problems

Favorite Features

Room, comfort, engine, mileage. Car is as room a a BMW 7 series L but so much less expensive. Nice amenities-heated/cooled seats, rear window screen, steering wheel controls, sun roof, bluetooth, rain sensor and much more. It's a Lexus without the price penalty. I much recommend

Suggested Improvements

Navigation unit poor. Can't adjust while driving. Outdated disk and expensive to update. A good Garmin or Magellan is better. An adjustable suspension.

I love my '07 Avalon Limited
By Nancy Ruth

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my '07 Avalon Limited for 2 years now and just love it. Never had any trouble with the car. It has lots of get up and go. The extra features are terrific. I especially like the smart key.

Favorite Features

Smart key is so wonderful. I just keep it in my purse. Gas mileage is remarkable. Love using regular grade gas.

Suggested Improvements

Paint seems to need an upgrade. Rear visibility is not the greatest. It's difficult to plug in my cell phone charger. Navigation system is very, very confusing.