2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
I just got rid of it after 6500 miles
By David A on 04/04/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after doing a lot of research and was initially quite happy with it. Over the 15 months that I had it, it was in the shop twice for rattles, and twice to have the oxygen sensor issue fixed, for a total of about 7 or 8 days without the car, most was related to the sensors. It had another annoying rattle in the dash when I got rid of it. These may have all started after I had XM added to the car, but that doesn't make the rattles go away. I traded it in for a non-Toyota vehicle after 6500 miles.

2007 Avalon Limited
By Joe on 04/03/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic vehicle for the price. Power and economy are much better than my previous Cadillacs. 12V power outlets need to be better placed and memory stearing wheel needs to be added on entry and exit. We have had a problem with the windshield washer reservoir leaking fluid on two ocassions during the first year. The hose keeps coming loose from the reservoir. This is an extremely quiet vehicle that gets 27+ mpg on the road and 22+ all around. Fun car to drive and the ride is as good as anything on the market.

Satisfaction with Avalon
By Harold Cofer on 03/02/08 15:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at a Lexus GS 300, then looked at an Avalon Ltd. and decides to buy the Avalon. Almost the same car except, I think there is actually more leg room in the rear of the Avalon. The only thing that I dislike is the console shift. I think there would be more leg room with a column shift. The memory seats really need 2 positions plus exit, similiar to GM vehicles. I drove GM vehicles for the previous 35 years.

ALMOST A PERFECT 10!!!
By ABerk on 02/07/08 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the XL model since Aug. '07 and have about 6500K ultra-enjoyable miles on it. I've had two Beemers and an Infinity, also enjoyed them very much, but the Avalon is special in that it's smooth, quiet, fairly ecnomical on gas, considering its size. I use regular octane -- also Plus and Premium at times. I also have found the cloth/velour seats to be very practical -- warm on cold days, cool on hot ones. Transmission-wise, it just knows when to shift for you -- it's really a symbiotic relationship between car and driver, to use that analogy. The driver's seat needs more back support, though. So, I'll rate this car as a 9-1/2 -- ALMOST PERFECT -- but then again, nothing's perfect

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited
By Marvh on 02/05/08 16:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, hate having Toyota as my mom. The limitation of the navigation system are stupid. Having to acknowledge "I accept" everytime you start the car is ridiculous. But even more annoying is that your passengers cannot program the nav system while the car is in motion. Driving down the road with my wife we decide we want to get something to eat. Toyota makes you pull to the side of the freeway and stop (endangering life and property) and then do your navigation. By the time you work this out you can drive through most towns and find a place to eat without the navigation system. The lack of an aux input for the stereo system in this day and age is just plain dumb.

Reliable Car
By Howard Rose on 01/18/08 07:07 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Avalon out of my last 5 cars. Needless to say, I have been happy overall. I had an 1997, 2001, 2004 and now the 07. Car has a lot more power than any previously. Very roomy for back seat passengers.

Best 4 Door Sedan on the road!
By Madi on 12/30/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2006 Avalon and was hit head on by a pickup truck. Survived because of the air bags, seat belts and the front crush panels engineered into the car. Replaced the Avalon with a new 2007 Avalon. Shifts smoother, rides like a dream, and has even better milage than the 2006. I get 30/31 mpg on the road and 23/24 in town and for a full sized sedan that is amazing.

Avalon let down
By CJB on 12/21/07 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of this car were all that remains after less than a year 6 problems in the first year. Rain leaks, water from washer fluid leaks, tire sensors bad, no start twice, and a very strange shift pattern unless I drive like my grand mom. No fun car. Looks good but I expected more. Next time it is the Acura. Either I got a bad apple or the Toyota name is not all what is is hyped up to be.

Great, no, fantastic car for the money
By Roy on 12/18/07 08:04 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is all about refinement and silky performance. Fit and finish is outstanding as is ride comfort and quietness. To think I have a car which will get to 60 in under 7 secs, get mid 20's mileage in all round driving, and near 30mpg on the highway, all on regular gas is truly remarkable. Stereo and adaptive cruise control are great but I am disappointed that the memory seat feature doesn't adjust the steering wheel and main rear view mirror like cars in this price range should. Here in North Florida I recommend the extra window tint and the optional rear window screen.I haven't ridden in that fabulous rear seat but my guests have commented that the comfort rivals limos they've ridden.

2nd Avalon
By mark on 11/16/07 12:28 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 2nd Avalon owned, previous was a 2005 xls. The 2007 has improved the transmission problems that the 2005 had with downshifting. Transmission on the 2007 is smooth, much more refined. Also, the std features on the limited are worth the $, keyless entry, ventilated seats, rain sensing wipers, dynamic cruisr ctrl., etc. The nav. system is ok, rest of the screen displays are great, easy to use read, no glare on the screen.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.