Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Toyota sells lemons!
By Dave in Boston

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Avalon after my 2006 was declared a total loss. My car was trouble free until 55,000 miles when the check engine light went on. The AC was broken, O2 sensor, gas tank and a list of other items brought the repair bill to $4500. If it were not for CA emissions warranty, I'd have to pay the entire thing. I'm still on the hook for $2,000. The dealer was fine but I'll never buy a Toyota again- my Chrysler was more reliable.

It's plush, quiet, fast. Great fuel economy given size/power.

Toyota reliability is not what it used to be...

First Toyota
By Ronb

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Talked to some Avalon owners before making purchase. Have had the car for two years putting 15k on per year. Overall, we are pleased. It has great design, size, ride, performance and comfort expected. Replaced the OEM Michelin tires at about 27K with some Yokahama. The OEM still had tread, but not enough for winter driving. Problem to date is what appears to be a "gap", missing bushing or poorly fitting parts somewhere in the steering assembly. After stopping, there is a slight drop in the steering wheel of about 1/8 inch with a little "klunk" when we start again. Dealer replaced steering assemble shaft, but problem still exists. Having hard time replicating when we take it in.

The engine's performance, to date, has been great. Great acceleration, gas mileage and handling. Interior is high quality in our opinion.

Recommend that they put better OEM tires on the car. Also, they stuck a cassette player on the console that would have been better used for additional storage or MP3 connection. Also, the cell phone recharger is hard to access being in the "bottom" of a storage compartment on the console.

What A Waste
By Pat

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying this car I heard great things about Toyota vehicles from friends and family, so I decided hey I have to get one for myself. What a joke, this car makes me sick!!! It has a very loud noise in the engine. I have taken it in too many times only to be told by the mechanic that he does not hear the noise. These guys must be deaf!!! The last mechanic told me that the noise is normal that the sound was in other cars he tested?! Transmission horrible to say the least not smooth at all. Sound system cannot be heard over noisy engine, brakes are terrible, problem with wipers, in all one of the worse vehicles I have ever owned. I can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

Reclining back seats, yippy great new for passengers.

Get rid of that darn engine noise, lot of work needed on transmission, need better brakes.

I love my Avalon
By RichG

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned (and first non-USA model, although was mfd in KY). Brakes are fantastic, economy much better than anticipated (usually >30 on hwy if driven around speed limit). I don't agree with the raps on the seat comfort: I'm pretty big and it's fine. Handles great. Have had many of the minor problems reported by others: Tranny shifting improved by TSB re-calib. Just encountered famous windshield washer hose problem. Paint issues like everyone else. Lack of fold-in mirrors inexplicable. Strongly recommend dealer installed side molding. But I still love this car.

Brakes, stability control (which I didn't think I would like), handling, interior comfort and room.

Rear sightlines, paint durability, mirrors should fold in.

Problems, Problems, Problems!
By Brian jackson

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own the 2007 Touring model. The transmission bucks and slams into the next gear, I had a wheel bearing go out at 5K miles, the electric mirror adjustment button fell through the dash, tire pressure sensor stays on all the time even though pressure is right and now the sunglasses holder is broken and wont close. Don't buy Avalon 2006 - 2008 year model. Buyer beware.

Interior, trunk space. The car is beautiful.

Transmission needs to shift smoother, interior components are cheap.

• SUV