2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
POV from a minivan mom
By hdd on 09/15/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I previously owned a Nissan Quest, so the transition to a car was tough. But the handling and styling on this car made up for the loss of space. I'm surprised more people don't spend the extra money and upgrade from the Camry to the Avalon. It looks like a Lexus!

Best car yet
By BoB from SC on 08/30/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I am 6' 6" and 320 lb's and find it very comfortable. I took a trip out to the west coast and doing 80 mph I was getting 34 mpg. The engine is quiet and smooth, transmission shifts just fine, maybe I'm lucky but I never needed any kind of service except for oil and filters. Its a great car, and I'm just waiting for the new model year to get another one. I now have 39000 miles.

Toyota sells lemons!
By Dave in Boston on 07/21/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Avalon after my 2006 was declared a total loss. My car was trouble free until 55,000 miles when the check engine light went on. The AC was broken, O2 sensor, gas tank and a list of other items brought the repair bill to $4500. If it were not for CA emissions warranty, I'd have to pay the entire thing. I'm still on the hook for $2,000. The dealer was fine but I'll never buy a Toyota again- my Chrysler was more reliable.

First Toyota
By Ronb on 05/14/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Talked to some Avalon owners before making purchase. Have had the car for two years putting 15k on per year. Overall, we are pleased. It has great design, size, ride, performance and comfort expected. Replaced the OEM Michelin tires at about 27K with some Yokahama. The OEM still had tread, but not enough for winter driving. Problem to date is what appears to be a "gap", missing bushing or poorly fitting parts somewhere in the steering assembly. After stopping, there is a slight drop in the steering wheel of about 1/8 inch with a little "klunk" when we start again. Dealer replaced steering assemble shaft, but problem still exists. Having hard time replicating when we take it in.

What A Waste
By Pat on 05/14/09 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying this car I heard great things about Toyota vehicles from friends and family, so I decided hey I have to get one for myself. What a joke, this car makes me sick!!! It has a very loud noise in the engine. I have taken it in too many times only to be told by the mechanic that he does not hear the noise. These guys must be deaf!!! The last mechanic told me that the noise is normal that the sound was in other cars he tested?! Transmission horrible to say the least not smooth at all. Sound system cannot be heard over noisy engine, brakes are terrible, problem with wipers, in all one of the worse vehicles I have ever owned. I can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

I love my Avalon
By RichG on 03/07/09 13:55 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned (and first non-USA model, although was mfd in KY). Brakes are fantastic, economy much better than anticipated (usually >30 on hwy if driven around speed limit). I don't agree with the raps on the seat comfort: I'm pretty big and it's fine. Handles great. Have had many of the minor problems reported by others: Tranny shifting improved by TSB re-calib. Just encountered famous windshield washer hose problem. Paint issues like everyone else. Lack of fold-in mirrors inexplicable. Strongly recommend dealer installed side molding. But I still love this car.

Problems, Problems, Problems!
By Brian jackson on 01/28/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own the 2007 Touring model. The transmission bucks and slams into the next gear, I had a wheel bearing go out at 5K miles, the electric mirror adjustment button fell through the dash, tire pressure sensor stays on all the time even though pressure is right and now the sunglasses holder is broken and wont close. Don't buy Avalon 2006 - 2008 year model. Buyer beware.

2007 Toyota Avalon 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl
By Boca Wife on 01/17/09 17:57 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At first I wasn't very impressed with the car until I drove it. It was great. My husband is over 6'6" he actually picked out the car first, he was very comfortable seated in it. Both my kids are over 5 feet all and they are between the age of 9 and 11. I am 5' 9 " I am sure the son will enjoy this car when he is 16... I hope. Thanks to my husband for introducing the Avalon. It's great.

Great value & satisfaction
By Big Daddy Kenn on 12/17/08 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6-2 290 with tall sons. Car fits us great. Great motor and acceleration. Averaging 23-24 daily and 29-30 highway and I'm an aggressive driver. It's very comfortable. A quiet car. Driving-small turning circle. Good daily and highway car. Not as tight handler as BMW. Trunk has good storage room. Car has great fit and finish. Cabin well laid out. Nice sound system - could have more power though. No mechanical problems

I love my '07 Avalon Limited
By Nancy Ruth on 11/13/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my '07 Avalon Limited for 2 years now and just love it. Never had any trouble with the car. It has lots of get up and go. The extra features are terrific. I especially like the smart key.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.