Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Not Happy
By Bruce

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 1200 miles on my new Avalon and it will be a while before I get used to it, if I do at all. I owned a 2000 Lincoln Towncar before this and the ride and comfort was much better. It also came standard with 6-way power seats on the passenger side, which you can't get in the Avalon. The wheel well is so tight you scrape your hands trying to clean them. The paint coat is so thin on the front it chips real easy, didn't have this problem with the Lincoln. I was getting 20/26 MPG with the Towncar and only get 2 MPG more with my Toyota. May go back to a Ford Product the next time. The joy stick on the navigation system is time consuming.

The 3.5-liter DOHC Dual VVT-i V6 engine with 268 horsepower has plenty of get up and go and easy to handle in traffic. Really like the Smart Key Push Button Start System and the Dynamic Laser Cruise Control keeps you a safe distance from the car ahead of you without having to apply the brakes.

It would be nice to have 6-way power seats on the passenger side also. The steering wheel needs to be a little bigger and be able to telescope out futher, this is for shorter persons like my myself.

Toyota vs. Lexus
By Thomas Michael

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota's flagship is a great car, of course there are some bugs. The heated and ventilated seats sacrifice comfort for a little cool air on your bottom. Using synthetic oil I can get 33 mpg on flat interstate. Around the mountains I average 24-28 mpg. I convinced my dealer to put some extra padding in the drivers seat and the service manager only did this because the leather had a crease in it. They refused to fix the passenger seat, so it's like sitting on a block of wood, well maybe not that bad but compared to other seats it's pretty bad. I am going for a Lexus ES 350 next time.

Comfort, intelligent key, gas mileage.

Heated and ventilated seats need more padding.

A Good Match for Us
By Mas

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We wanted reliability, comfort, good mileage, and high build quality. The Avalon delivers all. We sold our 2005 PT Cruiser because of noise and because we expected better mileage from a 4-cylinder. After driving the Avalon 3 weeks I wonder why I ever strayed from Toyota. The workmanship is superb, and the roominess heavenly. My husband would not consider a Camry due to size, but is happy with the Avalon. Ride is soothing and quiet.

Ventilated seats and rear window screen for our hot country! Mileage calculator; roominess; keyless feature; great mileage for a 6-cylinder large car; smooth, effortless drive. Understated design covering rock-solid reliability.

I covet the cubby hole the stupid cassette player takes up!

Truly Impressed
By CarlosV

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Truly impressed. My family enjoyed the comfort and space. My wife loved the quick, smooth accelaration and ride. Late last night a drunk driver t-boned us doing over 70mph. The car is a total loss and the accident left us sore all over. My 3 year old son and 10 month old daughter, my wife, brother in law, and I are thankful for a car to do its job. I recommend it to everyone.

Safety, smooth ride. Gas economy.

Make stability control standard. Add stronger brakes.

Disappointed
By harmonyrn

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The seats in this Avalon are terrible, more uncomfortable than you can imagine. Why would a designer put all kinds of seams in a car seat? The steering is also "hard", not smooth like in our 2003 Avalon. It feels like I'm driving a Mack truck. The radio sounds like an old transistor AM radio - tinny and poor quality. I've also had major problems with merging onto interstates from entrance ramps; sometimes I wonder if I'll make it without being rear ended by a car 1/4 mile behind me. The pick-up is not reliable. Cabin noise is very loud on interstates, mostly from moonroof. Overall, if you are a small woman who is looking for comfort and a great car for road trips, the 2007 Avalon is not it.

Exterior design and color. Large trunk which opens easily but closes with much difficulty. Good fuel economy on highways. Easy gas cap removal and return. Air-conditioning vents have many position choices. Adequate windshield wipers. Cup holders and interior storage. Responsive cruise control.

More comfortable leather seats, as in the 2003 Avalon. Better quality radio/speakers. Quieter cabin - less noise from moonroof and front doors. Smoother, more reliable pick-up. Improved ease of closing trunk. Adjustable armrests for smaller drivers. Higher positioning of cruise controls.