Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

I just got rid of it after 6500 miles
By David A

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after doing a lot of research and was initially quite happy with it. Over the 15 months that I had it, it was in the shop twice for rattles, and twice to have the oxygen sensor issue fixed, for a total of about 7 or 8 days without the car, most was related to the sensors. It had another annoying rattle in the dash when I got rid of it. These may have all started after I had XM added to the car, but that doesn't make the rattles go away. I traded it in for a non-Toyota vehicle after 6500 miles.

Favorite Features

Great on highway and other smooth roads. Nice sounding stereo, comfy seats, good gas mileage for a car this big.

Suggested Improvements

Too much road noise for a car of this price. Location of 12 volt outlets is very poor (I bought extensions from Radio Shack). Install satellite radio at factory. Change ugly blue display on dash.

What A Waste
By Pat

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying this car I heard great things about Toyota vehicles from friends and family, so I decided hey I have to get one for myself. What a joke, this car makes me sick!!! It has a very loud noise in the engine. I have taken it in too many times only to be told by the mechanic that he does not hear the noise. These guys must be deaf!!! The last mechanic told me that the noise is normal that the sound was in other cars he tested?! Transmission horrible to say the least not smooth at all. Sound system cannot be heard over noisy engine, brakes are terrible, problem with wipers, in all one of the worse vehicles I have ever owned. I can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Reclining back seats, yippy great new for passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that darn engine noise, lot of work needed on transmission, need better brakes.

Sorry to let it go!
By ToyotaLover

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2007 Avalon new in the spring of 2007. This was our first Toyota. It was a great car. The back seat had a limousine feel to it. Got great gas mileage. Never had a problem with it. Because of the safety issue with the accelerator we sold it. I would definitely buy another Toyota but will wait until the dust settles.

Wonderful to drive!
By ROCCAFORTE

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car for wife. She could not drive in Houston traffic. The car is still in "like new condition". The car drives like riding on a cloud with warm and cool front seats tempture controls, power tilt/slide glass moonroof.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort luxury driving condition and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

This is a full size luxury designed car, that it would be hard to think of any improvement would be needed.

Yota
By Tom

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because of the Consumer Reports ratings on reliability and its reasonable price for a Lexus-like ride. It has been a pretty good car. I've felt the transmission hunt when rapidly accelerating (like 1000's of others) but it has not cause a problem. Hood paint is marginal. Gas mileage exceptional. Comfortable interior. Would definitely buy another but would look at the Nissan/Infinity models also due to the transmission slip issue.

Favorite Features

Reclining rear seats. Telescoping steering wheel. Steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting transmission. More coats of paint (thicker mil). Rear bumper protector. Eliminate the cassette player and install a GPS or storage hutch. Remote start. Keyless start.