Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

AvaRoooom
By Carlos

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a cool car. Traded a Dodge Ram Laramie 4X4 Quad cab for it. Didn't lose much on interior room, doubled my gas milage. Used to jump in my wifes SAAB 9-3 convertible every chance I had before. Not anymore. I like this big, powerful, roomy car. Thus the AvaRooom... roomy and vrooom!!! Lots of compliments on the desert sand mica color scheme. By the way, I did test drive a Lexus ES350. Using the extra money for my kids college tuition. Maintenance is very inexpensive as well. For the most part change oil and rotate tires every 5K miles.

Hidden radio controls on dash and voice activated controls for Navigation and sound system. Lots of room.

Takes a little while to get the seat position just right, but ok once you do.

2007 Avalon XL
By Arnold Melnikoff

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far with 11,000 miles it has been a great car, fantastic mileage on the interstate 32-34 miles per gallon at 65-70 miles per hour. Mileage drops to 30 at 75 miles per hour. Very comfortable car for long road trips Lots of room front and back seats Great car for the money.

Mileage, comfort, room, fun to drive, very quiet.

CD player ok. Radio sounds tinny, could have a stiffer suspension, brake pedal a little spongy.

Impressive
By apricot

2007 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Chrysler 300 for this vehicle and have only made one 1000 mile trip (Smoky Mtns.) so far, but I am very impressed with all aspects of the car. It is a more refined car than the Chrysler and very enjoyable to drive. It is quiet, quick, roomy and has a very nice ride without sacrificing handling. I had read complaints about the harsh ride on the Touring edition, but I disagree. It definitely rides better than my 300 did. I got just over 31mpg on the road on the trip to the Smokies which gives you a cruising range of around 550 miles! As with any review, I suggest you consider what the reviewer is comparing the car to - in this case a 2001 Chrysler 300.

Ride, handling, braking and overall good interior design.

None.

Quality is gone
By PhxOwner

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1997 Avalon XLS and it was perhaps the finest car I've ever owned. That's why I bought another one last year. What a disappointment. The transmission always hesitates before finding the right gear, there is a thumping noise coming from the trunk every time I go over a bump, but there is nothing in the trunk. The wind noise on the freeway is excessive. Rear visibility isn't very good. Cup holders don't hold standard cups. Toyota missed with this one.

Large rear seat, very good fuel economy, comfortable driver's seat.

Redesign/replace transmission. Put power receptacles in easier to access locations. Improve build quality

Not Happy
By Bruce

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 1200 miles on my new Avalon and it will be a while before I get used to it, if I do at all. I owned a 2000 Lincoln Towncar before this and the ride and comfort was much better. It also came standard with 6-way power seats on the passenger side, which you can't get in the Avalon. The wheel well is so tight you scrape your hands trying to clean them. The paint coat is so thin on the front it chips real easy, didn't have this problem with the Lincoln. I was getting 20/26 MPG with the Towncar and only get 2 MPG more with my Toyota. May go back to a Ford Product the next time. The joy stick on the navigation system is time consuming.

The 3.5-liter DOHC Dual VVT-i V6 engine with 268 horsepower has plenty of get up and go and easy to handle in traffic. Really like the Smart Key Push Button Start System and the Dynamic Laser Cruise Control keeps you a safe distance from the car ahead of you without having to apply the brakes.

It would be nice to have 6-way power seats on the passenger side also. The steering wheel needs to be a little bigger and be able to telescope out futher, this is for shorter persons like my myself.