Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles.
By shannon2257

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. I am a "little old lady" driver. A few weeks ago at 85,000 miles this car blew a head gasket which the repair shop believes this also ruined the oxygen sensors. 4000.00 repair bill. Needless to say, I am HIGHLY disappointed in my car. Additionally, the front driver seat is not very comfortable. I can feel the springs through it. Probably will not be getting another Toyota.

Favorite Features

Smart Key Quiet

Suggested Improvements

Obviously reliability. Better front seats Fold down rear seats.

07 LTD
By avalonlady

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice luxury ride, great suspension. Seats are not very comfortable, not well padded. Not crazy about the plastic looking controls on the dash. The navigation is not user friendly, it's not operational while the car in use and the radio has very poor reception, no Mp3 jack. Outer appearance is lovely, and the inside is beautiful with woodgrain despite the white plastic controls. I average 31 mpg on hwy and it turns heads every where I go. I have the blizzard pearl color. Must admit the back reclining seats are nice and there are lots of rear room.

Favorite Features

Blizzard pearl color is my favorite, performance is nice and power when I need it. I love the interior design and room. Gas milage is great at 31 mpg for I do a lot of travel with my job. The Option for heated and cooled seats are a treat for me also.

Suggested Improvements

Radio reception and volume could be improved with mp3 jack. Navigation is retarded, my portable works better.

Sorry to let it go!
By ToyotaLover

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2007 Avalon new in the spring of 2007. This was our first Toyota. It was a great car. The back seat had a limousine feel to it. Got great gas mileage. Never had a problem with it. Because of the safety issue with the accelerator we sold it. I would definitely buy another Toyota but will wait until the dust settles.

A few things stink
By fishavenue

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The gps system is effectively inoperative. You can't get the enter key to hit a letter or other item with any sort of reliability. Entering a street name could take twenty minutes. The dealer here in Newark De, said that this is typical and fixing would cost a small fortune. So I use a $150 garmin. Pathetic, don't you think? I have about 50k miles on the car. Also, the seat heaters stay on all the time, so I had to disconnect the fuses, so I lost that function. I am a little disappointed in the car for these reasons. Other than that, it has a beautiful ride with excellent mileage. My next car will not be an Avalon - I may go to a Buick or a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Keyless thingy is wonderful, just wonderful. Must have on all future cars.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth and a much better nav system integrated with bluetooth. Also, input for ipod would be nice.

Best car yet
By BoB from SC

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I am 6' 6" and 320 lb's and find it very comfortable. I took a trip out to the west coast and doing 80 mph I was getting 34 mpg. The engine is quiet and smooth, transmission shifts just fine, maybe I'm lucky but I never needed any kind of service except for oil and filters. Its a great car, and I'm just waiting for the new model year to get another one. I now have 39000 miles.

Favorite Features

great mileage, comfort, and ride

Suggested Improvements

can the cassette deck, need mp3 jack, body side mouldings