2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Yota
By Tom on 04/13/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because of the Consumer Reports ratings on reliability and its reasonable price for a Lexus-like ride. It has been a pretty good car. I've felt the transmission hunt when rapidly accelerating (like 1000's of others) but it has not cause a problem. Hood paint is marginal. Gas mileage exceptional. Comfortable interior. Would definitely buy another but would look at the Nissan/Infinity models also due to the transmission slip issue.

steaming pile
By Mike on 02/25/10 08:13 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most disappointing car I've ever owned. Although it's comfortable, quiet, roomy and has a great stereo, it's had 3 recalls. Other than the notorious gas pedal problem, it also has a recall on a defective oil supply line going to the valves. If this bursts like mine did you may very well destroy your engine and the only warning you will get is the sound of your engine seizing up! The transmission is jerky but no recall for that yet. If you already own one of these cars, call your dealer NOW and tell them you want the oil supply line replaced at once (for free) or you'll be very sorry. They will not warn you about this problem ahead of time by sending you a letter so call today.

POV from a minivan mom
By hdd on 09/15/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I previously owned a Nissan Quest, so the transition to a car was tough. But the handling and styling on this car made up for the loss of space. I'm surprised more people don't spend the extra money and upgrade from the Camry to the Avalon. It looks like a Lexus!

What A Waste
By Pat on 05/14/09 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying this car I heard great things about Toyota vehicles from friends and family, so I decided hey I have to get one for myself. What a joke, this car makes me sick!!! It has a very loud noise in the engine. I have taken it in too many times only to be told by the mechanic that he does not hear the noise. These guys must be deaf!!! The last mechanic told me that the noise is normal that the sound was in other cars he tested?! Transmission horrible to say the least not smooth at all. Sound system cannot be heard over noisy engine, brakes are terrible, problem with wipers, in all one of the worse vehicles I have ever owned. I can't wait to get rid of it!!!!!!

I love my Avalon
By RichG on 03/07/09 13:55 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned (and first non-USA model, although was mfd in KY). Brakes are fantastic, economy much better than anticipated (usually >30 on hwy if driven around speed limit). I don't agree with the raps on the seat comfort: I'm pretty big and it's fine. Handles great. Have had many of the minor problems reported by others: Tranny shifting improved by TSB re-calib. Just encountered famous windshield washer hose problem. Paint issues like everyone else. Lack of fold-in mirrors inexplicable. Strongly recommend dealer installed side molding. But I still love this car.

Problems, Problems, Problems!
By Brian jackson on 01/28/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own the 2007 Touring model. The transmission bucks and slams into the next gear, I had a wheel bearing go out at 5K miles, the electric mirror adjustment button fell through the dash, tire pressure sensor stays on all the time even though pressure is right and now the sunglasses holder is broken and wont close. Don't buy Avalon 2006 - 2008 year model. Buyer beware.

Needs extras
By Joe on 07/30/08 06:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my wifes '03 G35 for the Touring sedan because the rear wheel drive was dangerous in bad weather. Love the interior. Plenty of room and comfort in rear. If the gas mileage indicator is correct (never checked), the mileage is much better than I expected (32 hwy). Nice smooth ride and quiet engine. Good in inclement weather.

Avalon let down
By CJB on 12/21/07 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The looks of this car were all that remains after less than a year 6 problems in the first year. Rain leaks, water from washer fluid leaks, tire sensors bad, no start twice, and a very strange shift pattern unless I drive like my grand mom. No fun car. Looks good but I expected more. Next time it is the Acura. Either I got a bad apple or the Toyota name is not all what is is hyped up to be.

Not the same car
By TEACHER on 11/13/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 Avalon XL in on a 2007 XLS. I wish I had the 2002 back. It was much quieter and had more stability. The 2007 engine is noisy and often clatters like a diesel. Dealership says that is normal?? I just hope that it does not finally fail while I am on a long trip 2000 miles from home. I enjoy driving the car but would feel much more at ease if the engine were not so noisy and the transmission shifted smoother. The rear vision from the car when backing is also very limited. Knowing where the rear of the car is questionable. I like the interior and the entertainment system. Paint also chips very easy. Dealer blamed it on the EPA.

Impressive
By apricot on 10/13/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Chrysler 300 for this vehicle and have only made one 1000 mile trip (Smoky Mtns.) so far, but I am very impressed with all aspects of the car. It is a more refined car than the Chrysler and very enjoyable to drive. It is quiet, quick, roomy and has a very nice ride without sacrificing handling. I had read complaints about the harsh ride on the Touring edition, but I disagree. It definitely rides better than my 300 did. I got just over 31mpg on the road on the trip to the Smokies which gives you a cruising range of around 550 miles! As with any review, I suggest you consider what the reviewer is comparing the car to - in this case a 2001 Chrysler 300.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.