2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles.
By shannon2257 on 02/28/14 11:59 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. I am a "little old lady" driver. A few weeks ago at 85,000 miles this car blew a head gasket which the repair shop believes this also ruined the oxygen sensors. 4000.00 repair bill. Needless to say, I am HIGHLY disappointed in my car. Additionally, the front driver seat is not very comfortable. I can feel the springs through it. Probably will not be getting another Toyota.

07 LTD
By avalonlady on 07/01/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice luxury ride, great suspension. Seats are not very comfortable, not well padded. Not crazy about the plastic looking controls on the dash. The navigation is not user friendly, it's not operational while the car in use and the radio has very poor reception, no Mp3 jack. Outer appearance is lovely, and the inside is beautiful with woodgrain despite the white plastic controls. I average 31 mpg on hwy and it turns heads every where I go. I have the blizzard pearl color. Must admit the back reclining seats are nice and there are lots of rear room.

Sorry to let it go!
By ToyotaLover on 03/16/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2007 Avalon new in the spring of 2007. This was our first Toyota. It was a great car. The back seat had a limousine feel to it. Got great gas mileage. Never had a problem with it. Because of the safety issue with the accelerator we sold it. I would definitely buy another Toyota but will wait until the dust settles.

A few things stink
By fishavenue on 09/29/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The gps system is effectively inoperative. You can't get the enter key to hit a letter or other item with any sort of reliability. Entering a street name could take twenty minutes. The dealer here in Newark De, said that this is typical and fixing would cost a small fortune. So I use a $150 garmin. Pathetic, don't you think? I have about 50k miles on the car. Also, the seat heaters stay on all the time, so I had to disconnect the fuses, so I lost that function. I am a little disappointed in the car for these reasons. Other than that, it has a beautiful ride with excellent mileage. My next car will not be an Avalon - I may go to a Buick or a Lexus.

Best car yet
By BoB from SC on 08/30/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I am 6' 6" and 320 lb's and find it very comfortable. I took a trip out to the west coast and doing 80 mph I was getting 34 mpg. The engine is quiet and smooth, transmission shifts just fine, maybe I'm lucky but I never needed any kind of service except for oil and filters. Its a great car, and I'm just waiting for the new model year to get another one. I now have 39000 miles.

Toyota sells lemons!
By Dave in Boston on 07/21/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2007 Avalon after my 2006 was declared a total loss. My car was trouble free until 55,000 miles when the check engine light went on. The AC was broken, O2 sensor, gas tank and a list of other items brought the repair bill to $4500. If it were not for CA emissions warranty, I'd have to pay the entire thing. I'm still on the hook for $2,000. The dealer was fine but I'll never buy a Toyota again- my Chrysler was more reliable.

First Toyota
By Ronb on 05/14/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Talked to some Avalon owners before making purchase. Have had the car for two years putting 15k on per year. Overall, we are pleased. It has great design, size, ride, performance and comfort expected. Replaced the OEM Michelin tires at about 27K with some Yokahama. The OEM still had tread, but not enough for winter driving. Problem to date is what appears to be a "gap", missing bushing or poorly fitting parts somewhere in the steering assembly. After stopping, there is a slight drop in the steering wheel of about 1/8 inch with a little "klunk" when we start again. Dealer replaced steering assemble shaft, but problem still exists. Having hard time replicating when we take it in.

Great value & satisfaction
By Big Daddy Kenn on 12/17/08 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 6-2 290 with tall sons. Car fits us great. Great motor and acceleration. Averaging 23-24 daily and 29-30 highway and I'm an aggressive driver. It's very comfortable. A quiet car. Driving-small turning circle. Good daily and highway car. Not as tight handler as BMW. Trunk has good storage room. Car has great fit and finish. Cabin well laid out. Nice sound system - could have more power though. No mechanical problems

I love my '07 Avalon Limited
By Nancy Ruth on 11/13/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my '07 Avalon Limited for 2 years now and just love it. Never had any trouble with the car. It has lots of get up and go. The extra features are terrific. I especially like the smart key.

2007 Limited
By sstred on 10/29/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had my Avalon about a year now. Same problem as others with the window washer fluid. Other than that, no problems, except the paint is very poor (hence the 7 for 'build quality'). I'm not looking forward to the paint in another couple of years. We get 32 on the freeway and in the low 20s in town when my wife drives... not so much with me driving. The tranny feels a little weird at times (almost like it's slipping), but I guess that's just the way its made. We've have no problems with it. I had the factory wheels chromed for about $400. Good value for the money

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.