2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles.
By shannon2257 on 02/28/14 11:59 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. I am a "little old lady" driver. A few weeks ago at 85,000 miles this car blew a head gasket which the repair shop believes this also ruined the oxygen sensors. 4000.00 repair bill. Needless to say, I am HIGHLY disappointed in my car. Additionally, the front driver seat is not very comfortable. I can feel the springs through it. Probably will not be getting another Toyota.

2007 AVALON TOYOTAS FAILURE
By 07avalonsucs on 02/07/14 10:29 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This year and model should have lived up to the Toyota name, but sadly it is as bad as some American cars for reliability .They called it the closest thing to an American sedan, well they were right it fails in the engine after 40000 miles and continues to be a money pit for repairs, for years to come, DO NOT BELEIVE SOME OF THESE SAPPY OWNERS WHO DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE BUT TO CHURCH. IT IS NOT RELIABLE. The cylinder coils fail and fail regularly until you need new cylinders which sadly happen at less than 100k. Toyota should step up and recall these engines for failure, instead of touting the wondrous American-like sedan. Buyer Beware.

07 LTD
By avalonlady on 07/01/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice luxury ride, great suspension. Seats are not very comfortable, not well padded. Not crazy about the plastic looking controls on the dash. The navigation is not user friendly, it's not operational while the car in use and the radio has very poor reception, no Mp3 jack. Outer appearance is lovely, and the inside is beautiful with woodgrain despite the white plastic controls. I average 31 mpg on hwy and it turns heads every where I go. I have the blizzard pearl color. Must admit the back reclining seats are nice and there are lots of rear room.

Pretty good car, has its problems
By Nick on 08/12/10 00:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 65,000 miles on it and so far its been an okay car. Paint chips real easily, loud in the cabin, a cassette player..really? No ipod connection. But on the positive side very very fast, very roomy and great ride quality.

2007 Avalon XLS
By Jim Roden on 06/15/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive quality is great, except for the rear visibility when backing out of a parking space. Tire noise is a major problem if you buy a low quality tire like Good Year. Engine noise is no problem, I think other people think the noise is from the engine, when it is actually the tires. Paint is very thin and of poor quality. Just make sure you keep it waxed regularly. I have 45,000 miles so far with no problem. Oil is changed on time with synthetic and rubber is lubed with 303.

Yota
By Tom on 04/13/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because of the Consumer Reports ratings on reliability and its reasonable price for a Lexus-like ride. It has been a pretty good car. I've felt the transmission hunt when rapidly accelerating (like 1000's of others) but it has not cause a problem. Hood paint is marginal. Gas mileage exceptional. Comfortable interior. Would definitely buy another but would look at the Nissan/Infinity models also due to the transmission slip issue.

Sorry to let it go!
By ToyotaLover on 03/16/10 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2007 Avalon new in the spring of 2007. This was our first Toyota. It was a great car. The back seat had a limousine feel to it. Got great gas mileage. Never had a problem with it. Because of the safety issue with the accelerator we sold it. I would definitely buy another Toyota but will wait until the dust settles.

steaming pile
By Mike on 02/25/10 08:13 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most disappointing car I've ever owned. Although it's comfortable, quiet, roomy and has a great stereo, it's had 3 recalls. Other than the notorious gas pedal problem, it also has a recall on a defective oil supply line going to the valves. If this bursts like mine did you may very well destroy your engine and the only warning you will get is the sound of your engine seizing up! The transmission is jerky but no recall for that yet. If you already own one of these cars, call your dealer NOW and tell them you want the oil supply line replaced at once (for free) or you'll be very sorry. They will not warn you about this problem ahead of time by sending you a letter so call today.

2007 Avalon XLS
By BL on 10/21/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Avalon (first was a '98 XLS) and have been disappointed in quality. AC hose clogged at 35k miles, soaked & ruined the carpeting; oil line broke (28k miles) and I lost all engine oil on the road. Added oil to limp into the dealership. Engine noise (ticking exhaust) makes it sound like an old Chevy. Paint quality is average. I want my '98 Avalon back!

A few things stink
By fishavenue on 09/29/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The gps system is effectively inoperative. You can't get the enter key to hit a letter or other item with any sort of reliability. Entering a street name could take twenty minutes. The dealer here in Newark De, said that this is typical and fixing would cost a small fortune. So I use a $150 garmin. Pathetic, don't you think? I have about 50k miles on the car. Also, the seat heaters stay on all the time, so I had to disconnect the fuses, so I lost that function. I am a little disappointed in the car for these reasons. Other than that, it has a beautiful ride with excellent mileage. My next car will not be an Avalon - I may go to a Buick or a Lexus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.