2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2007 AVALON TOYOTAS FAILURE
By 07avalonsucs on 02/07/14 10:29 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This year and model should have lived up to the Toyota name, but sadly it is as bad as some American cars for reliability .They called it the closest thing to an American sedan, well they were right it fails in the engine after 40000 miles and continues to be a money pit for repairs, for years to come, DO NOT BELEIVE SOME OF THESE SAPPY OWNERS WHO DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE BUT TO CHURCH. IT IS NOT RELIABLE. The cylinder coils fail and fail regularly until you need new cylinders which sadly happen at less than 100k. Toyota should step up and recall these engines for failure, instead of touting the wondrous American-like sedan. Buyer Beware.

ALMOST A PERFECT 10!!!
By ABerk on 02/07/08 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the XL model since Aug. '07 and have about 6500K ultra-enjoyable miles on it. I've had two Beemers and an Infinity, also enjoyed them very much, but the Avalon is special in that it's smooth, quiet, fairly ecnomical on gas, considering its size. I use regular octane -- also Plus and Premium at times. I also have found the cloth/velour seats to be very practical -- warm on cold days, cool on hot ones. Transmission-wise, it just knows when to shift for you -- it's really a symbiotic relationship between car and driver, to use that analogy. The driver's seat needs more back support, though. So, I'll rate this car as a 9-1/2 -- ALMOST PERFECT -- but then again, nothing's perfect

2007 Avalon XL
By Arnold Melnikoff on 10/18/07 23:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far with 11,000 miles it has been a great car, fantastic mileage on the interstate 32-34 miles per gallon at 65-70 miles per hour. Mileage drops to 30 at 75 miles per hour. Very comfortable car for long road trips Lots of room front and back seats Great car for the money.

Excellent car for the price
By Sharad Patel on 07/03/07 06:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Lexus 2005 ES 330 - not happy at all after 25000 miles, traded to 2006 Honda Accord - ok, finally found Avalon XL 2007, very very happy. Drove 1000 miles so far, I will keep this car at least up to 100,000 miles. Excellent car for the price. This car does not have MP3 cd changer or iPod input which is my strong requirement, however got Harman-Kardon gadget installed that plays iPod. I strongly suggest to test drive this car before you spend lots of money some place else. I rate this car almost 9.8, very comfortable and really fun to drive compared to my previous two new cars I bought. I drive ~20000 miles in a year and need comfortable car, this will do the job.

Proud to Join Avalon Family!
By T.W. on 05/28/07 17:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Three weeks into our '07 Avalon and could not be happier! Smooth, silent, and getting great gas mileage (32+)! Seats the family (2 boys and 2 dogs) easily. Trips are nice and love the luxury! Probably will never own anything else.

New 2007 Avalon XL
By ABM on 04/13/07 22:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever own as far as performance, room, comfort and sporty looks. Car is fun to drive and is very quiet.

Love it
By brian miller on 03/15/07 15:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a very comfortable and fun vehicle to drive. We love this car! This car is equipped with lots of leg room. Three large adults can ride comfortably in the Avalon.

Lots of car for the money
By mp on 02/22/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful ride and nice and quiet. I added the VSC and moon roof. My former car was a 2002 Concorde LXI and so far the Avalon is far superior in every way. Taking long drives is a pleasant experience. I also have gottem almost 31 mpg on interstate trips.

Big improvement
By J.L. on 11/07/06 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced my 2003 Avalon with a 2007. Engine power and responsiveness much better with the 07. The power lock system is much more user friendly than the 03. I always felt I couldn't get out of the 03 (doors would lock) and with the remote lock/unlock always had to hurry before auto relock. The window washer is outstanding on the 07, that last swipe makes all the difference. I didn't go with the JBL (had it on the 03) and really can't tell a difference. Absolutely love the car.

Better Buy than Lexus 350
By Sam on 10/03/06 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 2007 Avalon after doing lot of research and in my opinion it is an excellent car for the money. I bought XL but added leather trimming and upgraded rear view mirror. I did not go for XLS or limited as I donít care much for the wood trimming. Car so far has been very good, quiet, handles excellent and itís roomy. Itís a better buy than Lexus 350 at a $4500 less. I would recommend Toyota to ditch out the cassette player and put I pod. I am not sure if you can get 31 MPG, or at least I have not yet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.