Used 2007 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Avalon

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Blew a Head Gasket at 85,000 miles.
By shannon2257

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new. I am a "little old lady" driver. A few weeks ago at 85,000 miles this car blew a head gasket which the repair shop believes this also ruined the oxygen sensors. 4000.00 repair bill. Needless to say, I am HIGHLY disappointed in my car. Additionally, the front driver seat is not very comfortable. I can feel the springs through it. Probably will not be getting another Toyota.

Favorite Features

Smart Key Quiet

Suggested Improvements

Obviously reliability. Better front seats Fold down rear seats.

2007 AVALON TOYOTAS FAILURE
By 07avalonsucs

2007 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This year and model should have lived up to the Toyota name, but sadly it is as bad as some American cars for reliability .They called it the closest thing to an American sedan, well they were right it fails in the engine after 40000 miles and continues to be a money pit for repairs, for years to come, DO NOT BELEIVE SOME OF THESE SAPPY OWNERS WHO DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR ANYWHERE BUT TO CHURCH. IT IS NOT RELIABLE. The cylinder coils fail and fail regularly until you need new cylinders which sadly happen at less than 100k. Toyota should step up and recall these engines for failure, instead of touting the wondrous American-like sedan. Buyer Beware.

Favorite Features

mileage when the coils and engine light aren't on

Suggested Improvements

Engine, Cylinder Coils, Cylinders

07 LTD
By avalonlady

2007 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice luxury ride, great suspension. Seats are not very comfortable, not well padded. Not crazy about the plastic looking controls on the dash. The navigation is not user friendly, it's not operational while the car in use and the radio has very poor reception, no Mp3 jack. Outer appearance is lovely, and the inside is beautiful with woodgrain despite the white plastic controls. I average 31 mpg on hwy and it turns heads every where I go. I have the blizzard pearl color. Must admit the back reclining seats are nice and there are lots of rear room.

Favorite Features

Blizzard pearl color is my favorite, performance is nice and power when I need it. I love the interior design and room. Gas milage is great at 31 mpg for I do a lot of travel with my job. The Option for heated and cooled seats are a treat for me also.

Suggested Improvements

Radio reception and volume could be improved with mp3 jack. Navigation is retarded, my portable works better.

Pretty good car, has its problems
By Nick

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 65,000 miles on it and so far its been an okay car. Paint chips real easily, loud in the cabin, a cassette player..really? No ipod connection. But on the positive side very very fast, very roomy and great ride quality.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, roomy interior, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the cassette deck, get an auxillary input jack, fix the paint and loud noise!

2007 Avalon XLS
By Jim Roden

2007 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive quality is great, except for the rear visibility when backing out of a parking space. Tire noise is a major problem if you buy a low quality tire like Good Year. Engine noise is no problem, I think other people think the noise is from the engine, when it is actually the tires. Paint is very thin and of poor quality. Just make sure you keep it waxed regularly. I have 45,000 miles so far with no problem. Oil is changed on time with synthetic and rubber is lubed with 303.

Favorite Features

Reliability, ride and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Paint & more insulation for body noise.