2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Sips gas, limo like back seat,

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Sips gas, limo like back seat, great family car!
By blackpoint on

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a young family of 3 we wanted to get a car where the kids elbows don't touch which sparks arguments and they can't kick the front seats which drives me nutty. Low MPG SUVs were out and putting money into a dreadful minivan felt as good as paying federal taxes. We are in our 30's and this car seemed out of our age group but the Touring edition adds some youthful style and let's face it, still better looking than a minivan. The reclining rear seats are great for the kids. Smooth and quiet ride even at 90,000 miles and about 31 MPG on the highway. Rides equal to a newer vehicle but we only paid about $13,000. Not bad for a large family car with leather, heated seats, and a moonroof.

Reclining rear seats, 32 MPG, limo like leg room, black leather heated seats, and touring edition adds colored rims and a nice spoiler lip.

While the front seats are comfortable, I find that they don't soak you in but you feel like riding on top of them - you get use to it after a while. I'm not a big fan of the spaceship style dash but the positives outweigh a few quirks. I have my eye on the 2013 Avalon as I plan to buy that model in a few years where they seemed to worked out the quirks.