2006 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - First Toyota

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Touring Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

First Toyota
By Craig on

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Toyota but I've had numerous Japanese sedans. What separates the Avalon from other Asian performance sedans is that it has 268-280 hp yet takes regular gas and frequently gets more than 20 mpg. That alone is worth considering this car. Numerous reviews commented on what a good car this is but it's not "athletic." I've found the contrary with the Touring edition. The suspension is ideal and is mated nicely with the power of the vehicle. It feels very non-American because there is absolutely no bounce, no matter what kind of surface I'm driving on. Ironic since this is a large luxury sedan that was designed and built in U.S. Make a stick shift option and a less Camry-like exterior.

Favorite Features

Power, touring suspension, graphite colored wheels, performance, dark leather available in many diff models, gas mileage for engine size.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of all the funky doors and cabinets. The stereo cover door is worthless as is the one that covers the cupholders. The JBL Synthesis stereo is not as good as top of the line Bose system I had. Web site makes it out the be best factory system ever. It's good, not great. More unique exterior.