2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Excellent Value but Blah
By horsenaround on 12/14/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Avalon for 9 mos now and really like it. The fuel economy and comfort are great. The car is a breeze to drive, quiet, and smooth (except when the transmission down shifts - abrupt). It lacks youthful style and a few amenities, like an iPod connection, that I would like to have. The keyless entry system is wonderful; however, the remote start is disappointing. The car also needs body side molding for protection. The interior materials are also inferior for a car cost $32k+. I would not buy another Avalon, mostly because they are not fun to drive. I'm in my early 50s and not ready for an old folks car just yet.

2006 Avalon
By Mrs Smith on 12/14/06 06:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The cabin is spacious and the acceleration is wonderful. Every feature is right at your finger tips. You do not hear outside noise and the chassis takes bumps well.

Great Limited
By Mike on 12/09/06 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car so far. Would like 8 way power seat on passenger side. License plate is attached to plastic bumper, not metal and the hole is easily torn. The radio is not equal to the Bose system. Otherwise great car for the money.

My First Toyota
By nupe1493 on 12/08/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after the birth of my son. I wanted a good car that would last 10 yrs. and hold its value. I’m usually a sport car/sedan kind of guy so this was a big leap for me. I have been pleasantly pleased with the car's overall character. I love the interior space and omission of unnecessary features. I added an aftermarket wood grain kit that covers the entire dash in the factory wood trip. The car now looks a lot more luxurious. My main concern is the appearance of squeaks and rattles. I would not expect this on a Toyota, especially one in this price range.

First and last moon-roof
By Reggie on 11/29/06 12:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After months of research I bought my XLS in Feb 06 and have only 7,000 miles on it. The ride is exceptionally smooth, comfortable and quiet. The power is awesome and the body style is super. However, about six weeks ago a rattle developed in the moon roof. A near-by dealer has made attempts to fix it twice before, even put in a complete new moon roof but it rattles on. In fact it is at the dealer now as I type this with the same rattle in the moon roof. I love this car but am quite frustrated about this problem.

Senior driving around SF Valley Ca
By xls 4dr sedan(3.5l 6 on 11/25/06 06:39 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth handling on freeways and city streets of Los Angeles, Orange County California. I am retired senior, male, 6' tall, long legs and I have generous leg room and ample view of road. This car will remain a vehicle I can remain proud of and comfortable in as I age.

Well satisfied
By Siskiyoublue on 11/21/06 22:33 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in March. The more I drive the Avalon the more I like the car. I added the navigation system and put on mud guards and side moldings. Installed satellite radio which is heaven. No more ads.

Large Luxury, Great Value, Good Mileage
By Mark Eaton on 11/21/06 06:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the styling and felt the looks & price made the Avalon a better value than the Lexus. Same classic looks, luxury features, great gas mileage at $15-20k less. Love the car. This car (so far...) is worth every penny.

First Toyota
By MD-80 on 11/20/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. Car seems dependable but not without its problems. Fuel mileage is not as stated (less than what Toyota claims). Takes several attempts to open the cover for radio and Nav, (have to push the buttons numerous times to open the cover). Nav is difficult due to having to use the "Enter" button constantly, older models were more intuitive. Difficult to find garage opener buttons on rear view mirror at night since they are not illuminated (neither are the buttons for the rear shade, trunk and fuel cap). Needs body side molding desperately to prevent dings and dents!

Toyota Avalon Limited
By John on 11/17/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a joy to own and drive. It is well-appointed both inside and out. My passengers rave about the roomy, comfortable back seat. The only complaint I have about it is that I have a difficult time entering destinations into the navigation system. The buttons are overly sensitive and respond to inputs that I feel that I am not making.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.