Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

sudden loss of engine oil
By Alan

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A friend with 30,000 miles on same model reported sudden loss of engine oil with no engine light. I talked with local maintenance supervisor about this. He reported this was a regular problem, especially at 50-60k miles. Replacement rubber hose hard to find. No recall yet but he expects one any day.

Excellent room, front and back; Excellent gas mileage for size and weight; Good road cruising.

Navigation system not user friendly.

Great Car
By chris

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am in outside sales. I drive about 45000 miles a year and this is a great car. Toyota has been very helpful also. I had the oil on the ground problem, will happen to every Avalon, and Toyota fixed it for free even though I was out of warranty. The gas mileage is great and the resale is great. With 110000 miles on the car right now the resale is still above 15000 (exceptional) would recommend to anyone and will purchase another.

keyless entry start

different tire size, replacements are very overpriced.

Loss of engine oil
By Joe

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Same thing happened to my Avalon . No light no warning. Dealer said just made it in before the engine went. Happened to our friend with the same car. Do not understand why Toyota has not done a recall if this is happening with a lot of Avalon's. Took almost three weeks for parts to come in. But the gave us a loner car. Love the car this is our first Avalon and will not be our last.

Too many blind spots, should have light to let you know when the fog lights are on.

Loss of engine oil with no warning light
By Angry owner

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car almost 3 yrs ago, everything was great until it reached 33000 miles; suddenly the engine produced loud noise, it was a complete loss of engine oil with no warning light in the dashboard. The dealer was very familiar with the problem before I even spoke. He asked me if it was the loss of engine oil. I would like Toyota to look into this problem. Otherwise the car is great and I love it.

Comfort, fuel economy.

To make the Avalon 100% reliable.

Love this car!
By Patti

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Avalon because I had a 98 Avalon and loved it so much I didn't want to get a new one - but my husband wanted to get me a new car, so we got another Avalon. On relatively flat, freeway driving we get 33 - 35 mpg, much more than I thought we would get. We are very pleased with our car. I love the heated seats in the winter!

Heated seats, 6 CD player - sound is awesome. Roomy back seat. Our 6'6" son in law is very comfortable in the back seat.

Seatbelt design. The space between the front seats and where the seatbelts come out from the side is too narrow. They don't retract properly without help.