2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best Toyota that I have owned
By Chester on 01/12/07 09:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 8th Toyota and 2nd Avalon (last in 1996). Liked the way the car "sat". Like the comfort and interior "bells and whistles". I have never had a Toyota in during the initial warranty period. Luck I guess. I don't like the transmission trying to find the right gear at slow speeds, sometimes causing abruptness in the change of gears. Perhaps this is the nature of the beast with 5 forward. Everything else is absolutely first rate. Best Toyota yet!!!

Sleeper
By Mike on 01/04/07 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hard to beat for the price. Awesome power for a V6 with great highway mileage. Handles very well on snow & ice (equipped w/traction control).

A lot of bang for the buck
By Ted on 01/02/07 16:36 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this car, it is easy to see why Toyota is doing so well. This American designed and built car is like owning a Lexus but costs much less. The blizzard-white pearl paint job is beautiful. Also owning a fuel stingy Rav4, I am also impressed with Avalon's 31 mpg on the highway. I test drove a Lexus and previously owned a Volvo, but the Avalon was such a great car for the money.

Mark's
By Mark on 01/02/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Why buy a Lexus? I couldn't be more pleased! It is the perfect cruiser for a big guy and his passengers. I'm so glad I took the time to do the research to pick this car.

Best car I have ever owned
By Gene on 12/30/06 08:07 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned over an estimated fifty (50) cars in my life time and this Avalon is the best. My last seven have been Toyota including three (3) trucks. This car is an engineering marvel. I love the ride, gas mileage, rooming, security, everything is easy to get at. Folks, Toyota has done it again, THE BEST.

Great ride, excellent performance
By R Chen on 12/29/06 07:08 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As everyone stated, it is a great car. It is has a very nice ride, especially for family vacation. Great performance in terms of acceleration, passing, corner handling, and smoothness. Luxury interior design makes it no difference from Lexus LS. You get more luxury for your money.

Power and comfort
By lee on 12/23/06 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever owned after 10 vehicles. I have yet to find fault with this car. It is powerful, whisper quiet, short turning radius, conrners well at speed, and good mileage. It is what I thought it would be a bargain luxury car that competes with bmw, mbz, lexus but you do have to put up with a lack of a label prestige. So if you don't mind having a stealth car this one may be for you. Drive it fast and see what I mean.

My XLS
By Clayton on 12/21/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best auto that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. The quality throughout is evident from the moment you get into the car until you arrive at your destination. I have recommended this style & make to all my friends.

Waste of money
By Jason on 12/21/06 00:14 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car thinking I needed the extra room for my growing family. Ended up being the worst car purchase I have made. A car this expensive should not have the squeaks and rattles that it does and it seems a new one pops up every week. I also hate how the maintenance light comes on every 5000 miles. The paint is also horrible - it chips off the front very easily. I just purchased an Acura TL to replace my Avalon which is what I should have bought to begin with. I will not miss seeing this car in my garage.

My Father's Oldsmobile
By JLF on 12/19/06 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Strong acceleration, good fuel economy, flaccid handling, isolation in the passenger compartment, roomy, luxury without pretense, lots of features, reasonable price, unpretentious styling, this is my father's Oldsmobile.