2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Love the Avalon!
By Becky145 on 07/03/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. It looks good inside and out. Lots of storage, very comfortable and roomy, quiet at ANY speed, easy to handle. I have been told it is a Lexus with the Toyota name on it. Same engine and body as a lower class Lexus. I would highly recommend it to anyone, any age!!

What's up with the noise?
By Steve on 06/19/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car rattled when I bought it. Five attempts to fix the headliner rattle and it still rattles. This makes me suspicious of Toyota quality in the Avalon. The car has developed other squeaks and noises too. This is my first new Toyota and I expected more. On the positive side, I love the comfort and performance. I will try another one if Toyota will take this one back.

Love this car
By L. Jones on 05/19/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Avalon Limited (demo). It has everything (nav, adaptive cruise, custom bluetooth phone integration). Car is definitely worth thousands more. Not only are all components user friendly, the car gets great attention on the road. One complaint is the cheap appearance of the radio and interior plastic.

Great car
By Johanna on 04/26/07 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like the car. You have to push it thru corners though, not a natural feel. Nice interior, very roomy. Average 27 mpg. Good trunk space. Drove in northern Vt. this winter and handled well on all-seasons . Nice surprise.

A great car!
By John Arbib on 04/14/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have found this to be the most comfortable, quiet, powerful car that I have owned and one that has the most beautiful cabin that I have seen. Truly this car is a pleasure to look at, enter and - most important - drive. I love it!

2006 Avalon Limited
By temo on 04/07/07 05:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable ride, quiet, controls are excellent (size-shape).

Classy, powerful, and very comfortable
By Boston Terrier Mom on 03/21/07 16:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove the fun but very uncomfortable FJ Cruiser for 6 months which wrecked my back. Checked out BMW/Audi/Volvo - quality not there for the $$$. This car has power, a very quiet ride, handles well, power seats with lots of adjustments, an elegant interior, and it's incredibly roomy inside. Mileage has been around 20, lower than advertised. Rear view mirror could be larger. Steering wheel should be power. No iPod/aux jack, but the stereo is really good. Keyless entry is addictive. Car should come standard with side molding!! I had mine installed right after purchasing it for around $200. The morning commute is now serene. Great value vs. Lexus, build quality is right there.

Love It!
By JSF on 03/21/07 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I commute 100 miles every day and really enjoyed my first year in my Avalon Limited. Only slow driving cell phone talking left laners interfere with my total enjoyment!

Not perfect, can be annoying
By Martin on 03/08/07 18:43 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had it for a year now. No major problems, lots of annoyances. The navigation system is very difficult to operate, with too many unecessary steps. Cannot change the route while car is moving. Radio FM displays no text while driving (for safety reasons, it says), but the satellite radio does show the first 10 letters of the song title and the singer's name. Squeaks and rattles from the dashboard and the sunroof. Drives well, good acceleration, though not as quiet as expected. Comfortable inside, lots of space. Satellite radio antenna's reception not as good as other competitors. Dashboard can create glare on the windshield under certain conditions. Overall happy with the purchase.

The Car that Could
By Dr. G on 01/22/07 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. Have 9000 miles on it, great gas mileage (22/31 as stated), great ride and lumbar support, etc., comfortable although somewhat noisy. Great get up and go. Looks more expensive than final price. Some harsh noise when on a rougher road. Make sure that you get the aftermarket side door protectors and mud flaps. Has saved my paint. Paint chips very easily, especially when someone attempts to open their door to full-width in a parking lot. Had trouble with air conditioner.. took dealer two weeks to get part and fix it. Had new Camry during that time to drive. No comparison... Avalon much better. Also be aware that the front bumper is low and you can knock airdam off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.