Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Concerned
By Sal A

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

3 yrs old w/ 60k and maintained by the dealer. At 55k miles had the oil leak others mention. Originally 31mpg, now 25. The steering sometimes sticks when making a left turn and accelerating from a standing start. Keyless entry on the driver's door is failing 50% of the time. Cooling feature of driver's eat no longer works. Transmission taking longer to shift (will it make 100k?).

Tons of room inside. Very quiet interior. Smooths out all the bumps on the road.

The quality is not what i expected from Toyota. Improve the GPS or lose it. A place for change in the center console would be nice.

LOST OIL, No indicator light came on
By Kmberly Roberson

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very confident with my Toyota. Loved it and was so pleased that it was one of the best made. Then I drove home from work with only 36,077 miles on the car and left a trail of oil down my drive way, then oil ran out all over my drive way as the rubber hose oil line had burst. I had it towed in to the Toyota dealer and of course the warranty covered it as I had purchased an extended warranty. I am now not confident with the reliability of my car.

Love the roomy interior, very beautiful. Good looking car from inside out. Drives wonderful.

This is such a beautiful car so Toyota please Re-CALL this oil problem and the indicator light that never comes on to let you know you have a oil problem. For Toyota's reliability to stay, this needs RE-CALLED!!!!

Let Down
By TD

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my sixth Toyota and the reliability is very uncharacteristic compared to all the others. Major oil leak problem twice now makes the car completely unreliable. Also had a leak in the moon roof fixed. Continual problem with acceleration from a stop position corrected intermittently by a "computer reset". I think I'm going to trade it in. Also the car was bumped in a parking lot, in the front right causing only a scuff to the bumper. The whole bumper had to be replaced as it connects to the blinker light wells and the motor splash guard underneath, which both cracked.

Interior comfort, quiet.

Improve overall quality and workmanship.

Would buy another
By zipcode21804

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 2003 Seville, not disappointed at all. The gas mileage is great on regular gas. Nav system leaves a little to be desired, that message gets on your nerves every time you start the vehicle. Should be easier to program. Sound is good JBL did a fine job although I did a personal upgrade surround sound is a great feature, Cabin is tight noise and rattle free. I bought 3 caddys before I purchased my Avalon. When it comes to comfort, it's a no brainer. Avalon wins; wheels down.

The ride is smooth, the sound system is good for a factory production. Backseat is cool, I like the flat floor as well. Styling is upscale looks good in the driveway.

Bigger tires,door molding.

Loved this car UNTIL... LOST ALL OIL!
By Terry A

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my Avalon, but now have lost all confidence in its reliability. On an out of state trip an oil hose developed a pin-hole leak. There was no indicator or light alert. We still have not gotten all repairs done, but will cost min $2500!!! (of course out of warranty with approx 101,000 miles).

The ride, the room, the gas mileage - and I thought the reliability. Alas, not so!

Notification of known problems that can cause so much damage! Also warning indicators if the oil runs low!!!!