2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Love my Avalon with iPod adapter
By akrika on 03/30/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Avalon. I went from Avalon to E320. The E320 was major disappointment, so I went back to Avalon. I have had this car for over two years. I have not had any problems with. It ride fine. The only problem is the cheap bridgestones tires that come with it. I just changed all four tires to MXV4 and it rides fine. I the dealer install the iPod adapter and it works fine. Great car.

Great Car
By robroo on 03/22/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not much wrong with this car. Great mileage, even at higher speeds. Seat cushions are not padded enough. Would buy another except MPG has dropped by 3 for 2008 models with same engine.

John's Avalon
By Limited on 03/04/08 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car and fantastic mileage. I don't like the look of the car from the rear however.

Worrisome Steering
By Longhorn6 on 12/08/07 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Comfort is very good, fuel economy good but the steering is very worrisome. It has a clunking sound and feeling when accelerating and stopping. Already replaced steering column once. Appears that another steering column has gone bad and needs replacing. Fortunately I have an extended warranty but Toyota has yet to approve another replacement of steering column. Very disappointed in the reliability and quality of the car. Excellent sound system and leg room in the car.

Excellent
By PRINCESSDIAZ on 10/02/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car for either a single person or a family. Very roomy and has a lot of space to work with.

Grandpa
By grandpasmall on 08/26/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Could have better gas mileage but liveable. Only complaint is about the transmission. The computer could be updated or something done to prevent down shift in the mountains.

Not ready for medicare yet
By Carl on 07/21/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thought the new Avalon would have better handling, but it drives like my father's old Buick. The concept is great... lots of features, good price/ value, should have good reliability, but "oh what a feeling" is missing big time. Mileage is 19 to 20 in town on the road it is 27+/-. The transmission seems to slip. Dealer says it is a new 6 speed auto and is supposed to slip(?). To our surprise it is not very comfortable on long trips. Neither of us have back problems but after 3 hours our backs start to hurt. So this car will be going on Autotrader/ Cars.com soon. It will be a while before we go back to Toyota.

No Regrets
By Suzanne on 07/16/07 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being the kind of person who looks for a good balance of performance, reliability, styling and luxury for a reasonable price, I settled on the Avalon. From day one of owning this car, there has never had a doubt in my mind that it was the right vehicle to achieve that balance. This has not been the case in prior vehicle purchases, and certainly not with the 300M I came from. No comparison. I selected the Touring trim, as I couldn't justify paying a lot more a few extra features (push-button start, rain-sensing wipers) that I really don't need. I miss the heated seats in Minnesota, but the car is black, so it works. This is a car that I know I will keep for many years to come.

A pleasure to own and drive!
By John A, on 07/09/07 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

During my long life (I'm in 80s) I've had Fords, Cadillacs, Mercedes and, more recently, Toyotas -- a Highlander and now an Avalon. Of all the cars, this one is the quietest, smoothest riding and easiest handling auto that I have ever owned. Have had no mechanical problems of any kind during it's first 15,000 miles.

Love the Avalon!
By Becky145 on 07/03/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. It looks good inside and out. Lots of storage, very comfortable and roomy, quiet at ANY speed, easy to handle. I have been told it is a Lexus with the Toyota name on it. Same engine and body as a lower class Lexus. I would highly recommend it to anyone, any age!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.