Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Bob's 2006 Toyota Limited
By Bob

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From the very beginning I have enjoyed driving this car. The ride is as good as the Cadillac I traded in on this Avalon. I haven't taken it on an extended road trip but look forward to doing so this summer.

Favorite Features

I especially like the responsiveness of the engine. The mileage is about what I expected.

Suggested Improvements

I believe there is too much road noise inside the cabin. A car of this calibre should have an automatic volume control for the radio. The outside mirrors should be collapsible.

Avalon Right On
By Willam Boyd

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Avalon has proven to be a well engineered sedan. Fit and finish are excellent. I get 29 to 31 mpg on the highway and 21 to 23 mpg in city/ suburban driving. The ride is firm yet bumps are not transmitted to the passengers. All controls are well thought-out. I am especially pleased with the navagation system. Toyota is right on with this excellent car. The transmission and engine provide a smooth flow of power under all conditions.

Favorite Features

Style, power train, design and assembly quality.

Suggested Improvements

Continue efforts to improve fuel efficiency. I realize that Toyota is a leader in this category.

Best Designed Avalon Yet
By bobandangie

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2006 Avalon is our third; we've owned an '01 and an '03 previously, and were satisfied with them. The new '06 we've purchased has just cracked 8500 miles and runs better than our first day. It's roomy, the controls are perfectly aligned and it's the ultimate luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Rain Sensing Wipers. HID headlights. Power seats with memory. Total keyless operation.

Nice and easy
By RBUCK

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great auto that is as roomy as any ball room. And the gas mileage was better than advertised.

Favorite Features

Got the GPS and to me this is a great feature. Almost drove off the road a couple of times on my trip up from FL to NH watching it. The comfort and gas economy made my trip of 1660 miles so pleasant.

Suggested Improvements

My wife does not like the fact that she cannot see where the front of the car ends when she drives it. To me this just adds to the sense of space the car offers.

Only so-so
By Mary Short

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would like this car more if it were built better and the seats were more comfortable. I've had several problems with the transmission and the electrical system. I've had it at the dealer three times since buying. Plus, the seats are too hard.

Favorite Features

The styling. It looks much nicer than my old Avalon.

Suggested Improvements

Make it more reliable. The paint should stay on more. Make it less costly to buy! Fix the seats. Fix the transmission. Have it get better mpg.