2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Very, Very, Very, NICE!!!
By bmwgoz on 08/28/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Its only been a week, but it was the right choice and gets better everytime I get behind the wheel. The wife wasn't involved with the purchse, but was flat out amazed and excited. Took a short trip today and highway cruzing was incredible. I highly recommend adding this vehicle to your list of test drives, it might change your mind. As american as any large sedan I have been in. My high reliability rating is based on it being a Toyota at this point, but I haven't heard of mechanical issues with 2005, mostly cosmetic stuff.

Really Good - needs a little to be great
By Deanie on 08/27/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a really good car but the build quality is not up to snuff - even though my 05 was the first year of the new model, the build quality was a "B" even though Toyotas typically garner an "A". My passenger front door shouldn't be higher than the rear by 2mm. The rear glass has vertical lines of waviness that are visible even when looking through the rearview mirror. Pushbutton dash panel covers open only after 2nd or 3rd try - it takes 5-10 tries when it's over 90 degrees! Needs better choice of exterior paint colors, and definitely needs better choices for the leather upholstery! I guess this is what Toyota does to handicap Avalon so it doesn't embarrass it's pricier Lexus siblings.

We Love our Avalon
By Donna on 08/25/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our new Avalon! It drives and handles beautifully. It is extremely quiet inside the vehicle and there is plenty of room for my three children in the backseat.

Best Ever
By L. Katz on 08/23/05 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Stylish! Comfortable - especially for those in back seat. Immediate responsiveness. Adequate gas mileage - 27 on tpke.

Cannot beat it!
By fastlif on 08/22/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Limited, could not be more happy. Ride, comfort, style, features, quality all cannot be beaten by anyone for the price. Love the keyless ignition, the a/c, stereo. We are only in our 30's and Toyota got us to buy it, the new styling, more room, and its a safe car. If you are in the market for an Avalon, you will most likely come across alot of people trying to put it down. There is good reason, Toyota has done it again, building a car that is above average, higher resale value, safer, and some really cool features that NO one else has. So yeah, its good to be the king.

First Class
By thomas thole on 08/17/05 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is no doubt the finest all around car I have ever owned. I just sold my Cadillac 2001 DTS and am buying my 2nd Avalon Limited. My 1st one was delivered 4/18.

My 2005 Limited
By Ed Wheelis on 08/17/05 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I still have problems in telling the difference from my 05' Limited, and many models of the Lexus. Actually, I think it looks much better. At 6'5, I've never before been able to sit in and drive a car with a sunroof. I can sit in this car with several inches to spare.

Best Avalon yet
By W Nelson on 08/17/05 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started buying Avalons in 1995 and this is my 5th one. It is by far the best in amenities, performance, design and fuel economy. The things I would have improved on, from the past models, they addressed and more. I am extremely pleased in every way.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.