Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

My Avalon
By delaina

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a Camry to an Avalon and with two kids and husband there is plenty of room for all of us. When driving this car there is little or no road noise. I love it.

no road noise.

I miss my ash tray next to the drivers door to put my spare change in. I also miss the extra storage in the console. My Camry had two storage spaces in one location.

A few thoughts
By biguy

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I don't understand why the side view mirrors are so large & they don't fold.The car comes with without body side mouldings for protection. Why do they have very large key fobs rather than build into keys like Honda does. I understand that the engine does not have a spin off oil filter like all the other cars I have ever owned and Toyota really don't want you to do your own service on the car. On exterior styling the side view is fine, but the front grill area could be better looking, and the is just o.k. On the plus side, I wanted the feel and the ride of a German car without all the problems, so I purchased the Touring model Toyota Avalon. So far, so good.............

Enjoy the Avalon for the price
By Jerry Gonzalez

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Avalon and I think I bought the best car for the price. It could be quieter at higher speeds. However, between 0 to 70MPH it performs as good as any car. The gas mileage is very good and you don't have to buy premium gasoline. The back seat is roomier than you might expect from a Toyota.

Stereo system and acceleration and quiet ride between 30 MPH and 60MPH. Gas mileage on regular gas.

This car appears to attract door dings. Need to have or invent something to protect it from other careless drivers.

So this is Toyota!
By First new Toyota

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first new Toyota and in fact first new car! Never before have I been so divided. On the one side this car is well crafted and has a sweet V6 engine. Interior room is good. Dash is easy to read. Like the auto headlights too. Then on the other hand many annoyances abound. The rear seat doesn't split fold. The rearview mirrors are fixed. No door protection moldings on a 28K car! No bluetooth option. Transmission has been quirky. More road noise than it should have on the open road. Mileage not what advertised. Door insulation held on by cheap plastic and it falls off on occasion. Trunk is tiny! And the back seats are more comfy than the front ones on long trips which is really weird.

Smooth powerful engine. Interior room, some useful features. Auto headlights.

More comfy front seats. Bodyside door moldings. Foldaway exterior mirrors. SPlit folding rear seat. MP3 player on CD. Bluetooth options. Better shifting transmission. Less road noise, bigger trunk and better quality control.

Love it!
By Cindy C.

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. It is affordable luxury...a pleasure to drive. The only thing I could complain about is the day after a long trip I washed my car and (barely noticeable) yellow bug guts stained the bumper. The dealership said that just happens and if they repainted, it would just hapen again. I would think paint finishes today would not have that problem, so I was disappointed to say the least in product and response. Also, occasionally when the automatic transmission is shifting down it "jumps". The dealership said the car's computer would work it out within 10k miles...not impressed again by the response I got, as it was getting worse at 8k miles. But, it's still my dream car.

Navigation system, Heated and A/C seats, rear window shade, endless seat adjustments, headlights are great, smooth & quiet ride, excellent front & back leg room.

Bumper paint-see above; My 2000 Avalon had a small console/pocket in the front door panels near the handle that I liked. This car only has the large pop- out hard-pockets at the bottom of the door. I wish the map screen of the nav system would automatically appear at startup; 1/2 to "ok" every time