2006 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews 35

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
What a Car
By Just Me on 09/21/05 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 10,000 miles behind me, I'm still in awe driving what I consider to be the best car I have ever owned. Even though it's heavier then the 04 it gets better gas mileage. I haven't had one problem with this car. When I get into some of my friends cars, a Mercedes or Acura RL (no room in back seat) I can't understand why they cost more. This is the best bargain out there, and trust me, it's a luxury car minus the name plate. Maybe we should keep this to ourselves so Toyota doesn't jack the price up. What a smooth riding car.

A Lexus in Toyota Clothing
By Jeff on 09/19/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never been more pleased with a car. The ride is excellent with reasonable handling. The performance is tremendous with good mileage to boot. This thing is very, very quiet. The stereo is among the best I've heard in a car; unless you want to rattle windows, this unit is of excellent quality. The seats are tremendous, second only to the LS430. I looked at a certified LS, but the Avalon compares well with it and even has slightly more room in some areas. I would say that the LS430 seats are more comfortable, but only by a little. All in all, an excellent choice for commuting or just for comfortable driving.

Luxury for the little guy
By James on 09/16/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first luxury car that I have owned and I am throughly pleased. I have ridden in other luxury cars. The Avalon is just as nice if not better. The only problem that I have had is a vibration at 65-70 mph. I had to take it to the dealer three times before they determined that at least one wheel was out of round. I have two new tires and two new wheels. There is still a very minute vibration but barely noticeable. There should not be any vibration. The average mpg should allow the driver to reset anytime and not just on fill up. It would be nice to illuminate the area around the car at night with the headlights and backup lights when unlocked with the key fob.

Go Toyota
By Margo Firestone on 09/15/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned many Toyotas, from trucks to Camrys, now I own an Avalon. The car has been totally reliable. Other than changing oil every 3000 miles and recommended services, this car needed no repairs. Frankly, dependability is the most important factor for me in owning a car. I can truly say that Toyota lives up to this standard My next car will be another Toyota Avalon. It comfortable, roomy, and best of all, the performance of this car is truly outstanding.

wanted a 300c
By Ring on 09/15/05 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Put an L on the grill. This compares to the Lexus without the price!!! Gas mileage is terrific.

Amazed with this vehicle
By dcboater on 09/11/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had 3 requirements - A/C seats, GPS, Laser Cruise Control. Laser Cruise is awesome, driver's seat cushion extension is dynamite, voice activated GPS is too cool, smart key is superb, I am averaging 31.4 mpg at 75 mph with A/C on --- can you beat that ? Plus 280 hp, 0-60 in 6.5 secs, 15.0 second 1/4 mile - UNBEATABLE. The Blizzard Pearl White with Ivory leather is absolutely gorgeous, I've had many compliments. Compare the interior dimensions on the new Avalon with ANYTHING out there and you will be sold. The A/C seats are superb and the 260 watt JBL stereo is outstanding.

Initial Review - Limited
By Mark on 09/11/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A few squeaks and rattles, and at low speeds/traffic, the 5 speed automatic transmission is quirky and can have a problem figuring out which gear to shift into, but this car is a luxury rocket, with great Lexus-type features.

Best Car I Ever Bought
By Jason on 09/09/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota product I've ever owned. I'm glad my first purchase was the 2006 Avalon Touring. This car has excellent styling and comfort to match. I'm 6'7" tall and I fit comfortably behind the wheel. It is hard to find a car to fit my height, but with the Avalon I can now enjoy my ride. If you are in the market to purchase a car let me tell you, this car has it all, and for a good price. I'm a true fan!!

Love My Limited
By trawler4 on 09/08/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

30 mpg avg 75 mph for 12 hrs, very comfortable, great interior, exterior growing on me. Nav system little complicated, but that may be just me. Don't care for laser cruise control, but easy to turn off laser feature. Overall great car and previous was an S mercedes, like this better (also 50000 less!).

Better than Mercedes
By Former Lexus Owner on 09/01/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving a Mercedes for several years but this year, after test driving every big car on the market, I switched to the Avalon. This car is bigger, better, more luxurious, and more fun to drive than the Mercedes S class. And it is $30,000 less expensive! It is by far the best car I have ever owned. If you like the feel of a big car then you have to test drive an Avalon before you buy anything else. One of my friends who drives a Lexus said "it's nice but it's just a Toyota". But after he drove a few miles in my Avalon he sold his Lexus and bought one too.