Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Avalon = Pain
By Uncomfortable car

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was duped by its performance. Once the honeymoon was over, the pain started. This car is large in every dimension except one: the room for the driver!! The console restricts the available leg room. The pedals are oddly spaced causing you to have to twist your foot at an odd angle in order to depress the accelerator. The driver’s seating position is terrible. The seat cushion is like sitting on a 2 by 4: No comfort whatsoever!! There is no lateral support for your thighs. I have driven this vehicle for over 13000 miles to date and have yet to find a comfortable driving position. Save yourself the pain. Buy a different car.

Acceleration.

A total redesign of the driver's seating position, pedal location and steering adjustment.

Great Car - Very Happy Big Guy
By Steve

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 12,000 miles on my new 06 XLS since Feb 1, and I couldn't be happier. Great ride, performance and mileage have made this the BEST car I've ever owned. I believe this car is the best value on the road. Luxury amenities and ride for a modest price. I'm 6'3", and can sit comfortably in rear seats with the front seats fully back. Short drives around town or long road trips, my Avalon makes driving a pleasure. One warning! It drives so well and cruises so smoothly, I got the first speeding ticket I've had in 26 years (72 in a 55). It felt like I was going 60. The policeman, while giving me the ticket, commented on how much he liked my ride! Buy this car & enjoy!

Interior space is incredible. Dashboard is well designed... sleek but convenient. Upgrade to the upper end sound system... it sounds GREAT!

Transmission shifting is a bit jerky in colder weather start ups, but smooths out quickly. Needs change holders.

Best Buy
By Steve Kelley

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started my search for a new vehicle by looking at the Infiniti M35. I test drove that car along with the Audi A6, the Acura RL and TL and even a couple of Cadillacs and they were all very nice cars. But the Avalon was not even on my radar screen until I parked next to one at church one day. After looking it up on the internet, I found out the reason it wasn't included in my searches was that it didn't cost enough! After driving it and seeing how much more room it had than any of the others I had looked at I bought it immediately and have been tremendously happy with it and the $10,000 I saved ever since.

Acceleration, handling, laser dynamic cruide control, navigation system, sound system, cooled and heated seats.

Body styling could be a little sportier, wider wheel options with a noneteen inch rim.

Totally pleased with my Avalon
By L.A. Driver

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car! It is solidly built and stylish in design. It provides a smooth, peppy drive and agile steering. It is comfortable for both the driver and the passengers. The interior is plush and the back seat is so roomy. The reclining rear seats are a special touch of comfort. The JBL sound system is excellent and I thoroughly enjoy the "surround sound" feature. I am totally pleased with my new Avalon.

Avalon is a Lexus in Toyota clothing!!
By Richard DiMario

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Avalon XLS is a Lexus with a Toyota name. It is a smooth riding, comfortable, quiet, incredibly roomy car with an extremely luxurious interior design and a manageable price tag. It features the same engine as the new Lexus ES 350, a more interesting exterior design and a more spacious interior design. If you want a great luxury car and don't want to show off too much -- this is the one.

Exterior design, spacious and lush interior design, rear reclining seats, quiet and powerful engine, good fuel economy and great dash design.