2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2006 XLS after one month
By vanthull on 10/03/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Again,I find the front seats "smallish"in width and length (as they were in my 2002 Lexus ES300). The display of the sequential shift position ie., 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th is almost impossible to read because it is unlit and does not show up readily. The small pass through space is ridiculously inadequate unless a couple of 2x4's are your common cargo (or skis). Front passenger seat adjustment- up and down- should be standard on the XLS, I think. Knee room, behind the wheel, is minimal for me at an even 6' in height. At one month of ownership these are my negative comments.

Japanese Mercedes
By Ken on 10/02/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Did some serious research before making my purchase. No other automaker will give you as many options and value as the new Avalon Limited. Vented seats, Nav., laser cruise, reclining rear seats, keyless entry & start. The HID headlights and advanced airbag system is a standard safety feature. The craftmanship of the Avalon's interior is very refined & luxurious. Gas mileage, handling and acceleration is excellent. Satellite radio to go along with the 360 watt JBL Audio System is a must. This new Avalon is fast and smooth. But easy-up on the seq. manual gear shifts, and just step on the gas with the auto shift.

2006 Avalon XLS
By Beats Everything on 10/02/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read all the mags and test drove just about everything in the 30-50k price range. This 06 Avalon XLS has everything and more that any other luxury car has and does it better, more powerful, on regular gas with great economy. A no brainer with GPS, JBL upgraded stereo and so many other goodies, why would anything else do.

Avalon - the best car ever made!
By jbossmin on 09/29/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Luxurious, fun to drive, lots of power, easy on the eyes, lots of standard options (XLS model), and very comfortable!

Luxury doesn't have to mean clunky
By John on 09/29/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first luxury car. Drives and handles like a much smaller car. Test drove a lot of different cars in the same category and the Avalon was the winner hands down. Doesn't feel like you are driving a boat and it has power to spare, found myself doing 90 miles per hour without even noticing I was going that fast - it was so quiet and smooth. Have a car pool and they are loving the room in the back seat, plus the seats recline in the back. Am getting 24 to 26 miles per gallon which is a nice plus given the current price of gas. The sound system and CD player are great and having a tape deck for those of us who still own tapes was a nice extra.

My Avalon
By Becky Crutchfield on 09/25/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the worst car I have ever purchased in my life. I absolutely hate this car. It is so ugly. I thought the "supposed" reliability and refinement that Toyota "supposedly" delivers would shine through, but I was sorely disappointed. The Avalon is just an unrefined automobile that has serious styling issues, and reliability issues. I have replaced the water pump already after 3 months of ownership, and the dealership was very unfriendly towards my purchase. I've even quit going to that dealership to have my car serviced. Toyota definetly hit a mud ball when they put this one out!!! I am trading it in for a new 300C or Five Hundred. I will never buy another Toyota.

Impressive and a steal
By Worth every $$ on 09/23/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for 1 week and its been a great experience. I would recommend this car to family. Can't go wrong. The price point makes sense. You get a lot for your $$$. They actually redesigned this car to have its own character... not a bigger Camry.

Owner profile LIMITED EDITION with Nav.
By Mike O on 09/22/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Unable to obtain the 31 mpg unless driving on an un-impeded highway. Low speed (up to 15 m.p.h.) engine noise, high speed--excessive tire noise. Lighting on some controls not adequate or not available on some of the controls at all. Learning the navigation system is extremely difficult. My prior car was an Acura TL-S type with NAV. It was much easier to learn and operate. Side door and panels have no ding protection.

Great
By jross on 09/22/05 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Avalon we have owned. This is by far the best. The ride and handling of this vehicle has improved greatly. The interior has been updated and comfort is A-one.

What a Car
By Just Me on 09/21/05 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 10,000 miles behind me, I'm still in awe driving what I consider to be the best car I have ever owned. Even though it's heavier then the 04 it gets better gas mileage. I haven't had one problem with this car. When I get into some of my friends cars, a Mercedes or Acura RL (no room in back seat) I can't understand why they cost more. This is the best bargain out there, and trust me, it's a luxury car minus the name plate. Maybe we should keep this to ourselves so Toyota doesn't jack the price up. What a smooth riding car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.