Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Enjoy the Avalon for the price
By Jerry Gonzalez

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Avalon and I think I bought the best car for the price. It could be quieter at higher speeds. However, between 0 to 70MPH it performs as good as any car. The gas mileage is very good and you don't have to buy premium gasoline. The back seat is roomier than you might expect from a Toyota.

Stereo system and acceleration and quiet ride between 30 MPH and 60MPH. Gas mileage on regular gas.

This car appears to attract door dings. Need to have or invent something to protect it from other careless drivers.

So this is Toyota!
By First new Toyota

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first new Toyota and in fact first new car! Never before have I been so divided. On the one side this car is well crafted and has a sweet V6 engine. Interior room is good. Dash is easy to read. Like the auto headlights too. Then on the other hand many annoyances abound. The rear seat doesn't split fold. The rearview mirrors are fixed. No door protection moldings on a 28K car! No bluetooth option. Transmission has been quirky. More road noise than it should have on the open road. Mileage not what advertised. Door insulation held on by cheap plastic and it falls off on occasion. Trunk is tiny! And the back seats are more comfy than the front ones on long trips which is really weird.

Smooth powerful engine. Interior room, some useful features. Auto headlights.

More comfy front seats. Bodyside door moldings. Foldaway exterior mirrors. SPlit folding rear seat. MP3 player on CD. Bluetooth options. Better shifting transmission. Less road noise, bigger trunk and better quality control.

Love it!
By Cindy C.

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. It is affordable luxury...a pleasure to drive. The only thing I could complain about is the day after a long trip I washed my car and (barely noticeable) yellow bug guts stained the bumper. The dealership said that just happens and if they repainted, it would just hapen again. I would think paint finishes today would not have that problem, so I was disappointed to say the least in product and response. Also, occasionally when the automatic transmission is shifting down it "jumps". The dealership said the car's computer would work it out within 10k miles...not impressed again by the response I got, as it was getting worse at 8k miles. But, it's still my dream car.

Navigation system, Heated and A/C seats, rear window shade, endless seat adjustments, headlights are great, smooth & quiet ride, excellent front & back leg room.

Bumper paint-see above; My 2000 Avalon had a small console/pocket in the front door panels near the handle that I liked. This car only has the large pop- out hard-pockets at the bottom of the door. I wish the map screen of the nav system would automatically appear at startup; 1/2 to "ok" every time

Avalon Excels
By Sheler

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While I've only had this car for barely 60 days, it is my 2nd Avalon XLS and I'm very pleased. My 96 gave great service with virtually no engine failures of any kind over nearly a five year period. I didn't hesitate to buy another one, only this one new.

Hands on controls on steering wheel. Ease of access to fueling point, "inside" CD changer instead of trunk. Comfort, fit and finish seems better than earlier model.

Simpler system to program garage door openers.

Great Car !
By Arthur

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A good, comfortable, safe, well performing vehicle. Lots of room, great sound system. Good creature comforts.

Smart Key convenience, extended thigh support for driver's seat

Break-away mirrors