Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

I miss my Regal GS
By Bill

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a '97 Buick Regal GS with the supercharged V-6 and touring suspension. It was quick and handled great. My new Avalon Touring Model is also quick but doesn't have anywhere near the road hugging ability of the GS. With 157,000 miles on the GS, I really wanted to replace it with a Buick LaCrosse but it was too ugly. The Avalon's transmission sometimes seems a little confused, but the dealer tells me the computer will adjust the transmission to my driving style. I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems to have improved. The door over the radio won't open until I've pressed the button a few times. Odd. I think the interior's beautiful and everyone who rides in the car loves it.

Unusual but highly appealing art deco influenced styling. Nice ride, solid and quiet. Gas mileage is good for a car its size. Reclining back seats are a hit with passengers and make me wish I could afford a chauffeur. Interior leather is classy.

Folding side mirrors and an anti-ding strip on the doors would be nice. I've already been nailed in a parking lot. Car should come with a degree in electrical engineering to help with the alarm and locking system. Other than that, I enjoy owning and driving it.

First Non GM Car
By K TYLER

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We're at the car show and my wife wants me to look at the new Toyota Avalon. I'm thinking Acura TL, but to keep her happy I go look, After about 2 minutes I ask her when can we get one. The car only has 759 miles on it but the build quality is definitely better than all the other cars we've owned. The seats are very comfortable and supportive, nav system is easy to use. It rides a little choppy over most bumps around town, but I think thats due to the 215/55-17s. On the interstate the car is great, steering is very responsive, and the car for a fullsize V6 is QUICK while giving us 30mpg on our last roadtrip. Very happy at this time, let's see if we feel the same in 10,000 miles.

12 Speaker 5.1 Surroundsound/Nav system, Fog Lights, Dual Exhaust,Heated Seats, 268HP!!!,5 Speed Tranny

Maybe some 225/60-17s would absorb bumps better.

Very nice car
By pc

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Avalon for a month now and I am very pleased. One minor trim problem (faux wood piece in door not seated properly), which I'm surprised was not caught at the factory. Very roomy, which was a priority in my purchase decision. Transmission takes a little getting used to and can be hesitant on occasion but not something that would change my original decision. Power is more than adequate and a nice, smooth ride. I'm hoping my Toyota wears as well as most others I've heard about. If you want a roomy, full size car, this is the one!

Interior size (particularly in rear), quietness, and smooth ride

Transmission could be tweaked to eliminate occassional hesitation

My Avalon - Best car I've ever owned
By RICHARD

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are very pleased with the car. The Avalon is definitely a "geezer" car, but that's okay since we geezers have more sense about the important aspects of car ownership. The interior is about as roomy as a large car and just as comfortable. The car's engine is quite responsive and quiet and economical to run. I would recommend the car to anyone looking for a car of this variety.

Strong engine, good looks, no need to use a key, comfortable seats

Provide power passenger seat as versatile as the driver's seat

Good Value
By Matt Desmond

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has great pick up. Electronic control layout is very good. Comfortable ride. Interior is very nice. Steering is not as responsive as my last car, Lincoln LS.Very good gas mileage. Runs well on regular unleaded.

Interior look. Pick up. Gas mileage- in mixed driving 25 MPG. Highway between 28 and 30 MPG

Steering should be more responsive.