2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
I swear I thought it was a lexus!!!!!
By ACZDO on 10/20/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to have a luxury mid size sedan but does not want to spend tons of money then the Avalon is the best one for you. I was debating on either this car or the lexus ES. I cant seem to justify spending thousand$ more just to have the Lexus badge on my car. The Avalon has more features , better and stonger engine, better looks. In fact the Avalons ride is a lot better (go test drive it and you will know what Im talking about). The interior on this car is huge. I mean its almost as big as the Lexus LS. Toyota has done a really great job on this car. So if you not sure still, please take my advice, test drive it!!!

OK, but...
By bayverse on 10/19/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Avalon because I wanted near full-size comfort with reasonable fuel economy. Unfortunately, I am not as satisfied as I thought I'd be. The ride is OK, and there's a grinding in the CVT transmission when first accelerating...blogs suggest that's an 05-06 Avalon characteristic. Bad. I have to get used to the CVT transmission too. Its always looking for the sweet spot and that hurts quick acceleration. Once if does find that spot, and after a pronounced lag, it issues relatively powerful performance. Interior is well thought out, but the seats belong in the Corolla. The trunk is tiny.

Avalon '06 Limited in Blizzard White
By mls4deals on 10/19/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the ONLY way to travel. It has been hard to get but worth the wait. This is the best vehicle I have ever driven in any class or price arena. It offers the most for the least and is very unique creating much attention wherever I go. Love the power, style, comfort and economy. Do NOT HESTATE. :)

MY NEW LOVE
By ABC on 10/14/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Volvos, when I needed a new car I did research and rather than going back to my first love, I decided on this Avalon. I'm happy I got it, it feels safe, it is reliable, and is a very good looking car. Has all of the features I wanted, would have liked to have navigation, perhaps Toyota will add this in the future.

Very disappointing
By Jhm on 10/14/05 01:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My car (4,000 miles) has MAJOR paint issues, plus electronic problems, plus a rattle in the suspension that the mechanics can't locate. Oh, and it only gets about 21 mpg, even with easy driving. The paint is very worrisome. It chips off the front very easily. I look like I was sprayed with rocks (even though I wasn't) My daughter calls the car 'chippy.' I don't think it's funny

Great Car
By Larry on 10/12/05 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up our Avalon Limited 2006. It had 44 miles on it and we got a good deal, $500 over invoice, no navsystem, didn't need it, but had the dealer put in XM radio, which we DID NEED! We live in boonies and regular radio reception is terrible. Love the feel and roominess. The faux wood trim in car makes it seem elegant. The car is extremely quiet and the sound system is awesome. Had to get used to not having a key and starting the car by pushing a button. The car is insulated from any rode noise and the ride is exceptionally smooth. We bought the car because of Toyota reliablity, roominess, and handling. Of course the price was right.

my experience
By Paul Day on 10/11/05 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and if it keeps on doing what it is doing now (gas mileage 32.2MPG, fun to drive, comfort, very reliable etc. I will have to say it needs a trim molding on the lower door panels to keep other car doors from denting when it is parked in parking lots.

It's About Time!
By Bob S. on 10/11/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Avalon (Limited) for '06 in no longer the "poor man's Lexus" . It's my preference over Lexus AND Acura RL, both of which are waaaaay overpriced in my opinion. Quick on the trigger, and smooth in the saddle!

Traded a Volvo S-80 T-6 for the Avalon
By Patrick G on 10/07/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I absolutly love this car. We traded a top of the line Volvo S-80 T-6 and do not regret it a bit. I/we can't say enough about the car. It rides great, handles well and is ALMOST as quick/fast as the twin-turboed S-80. the 12-speaker sound system is far better than that of the Volvo. Simply a great car!

My 05 Avalon XLS
By B Edmondson on 10/04/05 00:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding peformance and still great gas mileage--Lots of fun to drive--Just as nice as a Lexus-- This car is loaded with features--I Looooooove it!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.