Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

A lot of bang for the buck
By Ted

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this car, it is easy to see why Toyota is doing so well. This American designed and built car is like owning a Lexus but costs much less. The blizzard-white pearl paint job is beautiful. Also owning a fuel stingy Rav4, I am also impressed with Avalon's 31 mpg on the highway. I test drove a Lexus and previously owned a Volvo, but the Avalon was such a great car for the money.

Favorite Features

Great styling, roomy interior, great gas mileage - 31 mpg, heated seats, great navigation system,Toyota's 100K extended warranty, great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Color-coded door moldings and mud guards costs extra; they should be sold with the basic car. Cleaning the interior back window is difficult. Other than this, it is a dream car.

Great Car
By chris

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am in outside sales. I drive about 45000 miles a year and this is a great car. Toyota has been very helpful also. I had the oil on the ground problem, will happen to every Avalon, and Toyota fixed it for free even though I was out of warranty. The gas mileage is great and the resale is great. With 110000 miles on the car right now the resale is still above 15000 (exceptional) would recommend to anyone and will purchase another.

Favorite Features

keyless entry start

Suggested Improvements

different tire size, replacements are very overpriced.

The smooth Toyota
By Mike Torchio

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An absolute pleasure to drive. This car is quiet, smooth, comfortable, powerful, handles well, and is loaded with more features than the Audi A6 I previously owned. It was also 20K cheaper than the Audi and has better features. I would be hard pressed to buy another Audi (had two of them) after owning this car.

Favorite Features

The comfort of the seats and the exceptional room for the driver and rear passengers. It is much roomier than all other cars in its class.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a Torson drive system like Audi and you have an unbeatable winner. Improve city mpg to 30 and highway to 40 mpg.

I'm surprised everyone doesn't own one
By g-force

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avalon is amazing. Where else can you get a full size luxury sedan, with V6 280 ponies, yet gets 31 MPG? No where else but Avalon. It's like riding around in your living room while sitting in your favorite recliner. Only thing missing is the 58-inch plasma. JBL stereo pumps, top of dash layout is a throwback of the 1970's (which I personally love), yet console is very modern/elegant. Car lifts up, takes off, as quiet as a sleeping baby. Buttons nicely placed, awesome visibility, adequate handling, elegant front/rear design. This car will never annoy you, and you'll arrive calm and relaxed. Avalon makes daily work commuting one of the highlights of my day. Alot of car for $30K, unmatched.

Favorite Features

Engine power, ride refinement, seat and arm rest comforts, external design, interior design, gas mileage, stereo, tremendous value for the money, Toyota quality.

Suggested Improvements

Braking is a bit soft and lazy, handling could be improved.

We LOVE our NEW USED Avalon
By toofdr3

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always had great experiences with Toyota Avalons. My husband drove our last Avalon for years with minimal service required. We recently just purchased another used Avalon 2006 Limited without any hesitation. High quality, affordable, and it was nice to know that the value of the car did not depreciate as soon as we drove it off the lot (like other brands).