2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Broken Front Coil Spring
By sonnyjames on 04/21/13 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Avalon hit a small dip in the road and the right front coil spring snapped (thankfully at the very bottom) . I removed the broken part and was disappointed to find out it is a very light weight spring and looks like & feels like it was made out of pot metal. And my Platinum Extended Warranty (that I never used and cost me an extra 1K) is over the time limit. Car has 94K and we bought it new. As far as Toyota Service goes they have been a disappointment , they try and get a person to have expensive un-needed work done on their vehicles . I will call Toyota in the A:M and plead my case. Anyone else have this happen? if not beware these coil springs are junk.

Cracks in Dash
By tacojoe1 on 01/05/13 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the dash on my 2006 Avalon. It has started to have hairline cracks everywhere. The car has 68000 miles and has always been garage kept. I went on the internet and found that many people have had the same problem. Toyota refuses to acknowledge the defect. I think that people should be made aware that this happens.

Best Car ever in the last 12 years
By robertverma on 02/20/12 09:04 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car can easily beat many of the luxury cars in style, performance, comfort and features. I bought it used and will be driving it until many years to come. The only drawback I find is that it doesn't have iPod Jack which I'm going to have installed. Every time I drive the car, I appreciate it even more then last time. Fuel economy is unbelievable, it gives me 30+ on the highways. I'm a car lover and even though its not really a driver's car but I'm willing to compensate only that part with everything else in the car. The rear seat room is like a limousine and it even reclines. I am never worried about the repair costs, its like driving a German car with no maintenance

We LOVE our NEW USED Avalon
By toofdr3 on 01/19/12 07:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always had great experiences with Toyota Avalons. My husband drove our last Avalon for years with minimal service required. We recently just purchased another used Avalon 2006 Limited without any hesitation. High quality, affordable, and it was nice to know that the value of the car did not depreciate as soon as we drove it off the lot (like other brands).

Great vehicle
By MICHAEL RUSTICH on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only taken a couple of trips of a couple 100 miles or more. Mostly in town driving. Easy and secure veh to drive. Never had any brake or acceleration problems with veh. I would buy another one.

Disappointed with Steering Problem
By Disappointed in MD on 08/12/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in early 2006. I now have 60,000 miles and I am experiencing problems with my steering. I have taken it back to the dealership several times for the steering sticking when turning left but they informed me that they can not find anything wrong. I am very disappointed with Toyota and see that many others are experiencing the same problem. My hope is that I will not experience the same problem that others are experiencing with the oil leak. Unless Toyota steps up and own up to fixing the legitimate repairs, I will never buy another Toyota. I am currently getting the runaround. Even though I have the extended warranty, Toyota is trying to get around fixing my problem.

Great Car!
By Brian Con on 04/21/10 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it new based on the value for the money, safety and comfort. Did not order the nav or the laser cruise control which appears to be a smart move. White metallic paint with the light grey leather looks great. Add the factory mudflaps which will keep the sides of the car clean. No repairs of any kind until the recent rash of recalls. Transmission can seem "funky" once in a while? I believe that the Touring model has a less "soft" ride for more spirited driving dynamics but I did not like the black interior. Great road car! 4k mile drive out west and got +30 mpg at 80+++ all day long. We are in our 40's not 70's and we enjoy the car very much. We are keeping the car long-term.

Oil leak...Just happened
By avalon girl on 03/14/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got ready to drive away from driveway and looked back to see all the oil drained out of my car. It's Sunday and will have to wait until tomorrow to see what the dealership will do for me. Out of warranty and hope the recall will cover repair. Wish me luck!

Outstanding for the money.
By Bill DiGrezio on 03/13/10 09:35 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has beat every luxury car I have owned---BMW-Jaguar-Cadillac. It beats all in quality and comfort. Style could be a bit better but for the money the car is super. It is priced at a much lower price that the Lexus but has all the features of the top of the line Lexus. Highly recommend unless you are willing to spend $15-20K more for upgraded style.

Best car I ever bought
By AZF on 11/16/09 07:01 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had an 05 Buick LaCrosse which was a piece of junk, and traded for on 06 Avalon Limited. The Avalon is the best car I have ever owned. Fit and finish is outstanding, gas mileage is terrific. The ride is smooth and quiet. I have friends that are over 250lbs and they can get in and be comfortable. I had the windows tinted- pin stripped-gold plated the emblems and put chrome wheels on it. People think it is a Lexus. People should test drive the vehicle or take it home overnight, then they would know if they like the car or not. I will buy another Avalon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.