Used 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

great car but engine questions
By edmundscars5

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Engine is the only questions. 60,000 miles and a valve spring busted. this was in 2012 and cost $3,400 to fix. Now in December 2014 with 81,000 miles it's a leak in the timing cover, the oil pan, and the rack and pinion. Estimate cost to all is about $3,580. At some point you lose trust in a car. Everything else about the car has been great.

Auto cruise. Auto window wipers. Heated/Cooled seats. Passenger temp controls. The ride is the best.

Broken Front Coil Spring
By sonnyjames

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Avalon hit a small dip in the road and the right front coil spring snapped (thankfully at the very bottom) . I removed the broken part and was disappointed to find out it is a very light weight spring and looks like & feels like it was made out of pot metal. And my Platinum Extended Warranty (that I never used and cost me an extra 1K) is over the time limit. Car has 94K and we bought it new. As far as Toyota Service goes they have been a disappointment , they try and get a person to have expensive un-needed work done on their vehicles . I will call Toyota in the A:M and plead my case. Anyone else have this happen? if not beware these coil springs are junk.

Gas Mileage , Quiet Engine , Smooth Ride , Unbeatable acceleration, Visibility makes this car very safe , Airbags everywhere , Cons - Leather is poor quality , Front seats are average at best in comfort - the previous version of the Avalon where unbelievable in comfort , Shifting hesitations , paint could be of better quality

Cracks in Dash
By tacojoe1

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the dash on my 2006 Avalon. It has started to have hairline cracks everywhere. The car has 68000 miles and has always been garage kept. I went on the internet and found that many people have had the same problem. Toyota refuses to acknowledge the defect. I think that people should be made aware that this happens.

Best Car ever in the last 12 years
By robertverma

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car can easily beat many of the luxury cars in style, performance, comfort and features. I bought it used and will be driving it until many years to come. The only drawback I find is that it doesn't have iPod Jack which I'm going to have installed. Every time I drive the car, I appreciate it even more then last time. Fuel economy is unbelievable, it gives me 30+ on the highways. I'm a car lover and even though its not really a driver's car but I'm willing to compensate only that part with everything else in the car. The rear seat room is like a limousine and it even reclines. I am never worried about the repair costs, its like driving a German car with no maintenance

We LOVE our NEW USED Avalon
By toofdr3

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always had great experiences with Toyota Avalons. My husband drove our last Avalon for years with minimal service required. We recently just purchased another used Avalon 2006 Limited without any hesitation. High quality, affordable, and it was nice to know that the value of the car did not depreciate as soon as we drove it off the lot (like other brands).