2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Dashboard and oil line
By joeball on 08/18/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 52,000 miles on my Avalon and the dash is getting hairline cracks everywhere. I was told it would cost $1,200. to replace .Then this week my rubber oil line hose failed that repair cost was $425. I almost damaged the engine but I was able to take it to a dealer for repairs . It seams the rubber on the Toyota is defective !! NOTE: the hose is 4 inches long and cost $78. On the internet you can buy 5 feet of the same Original Equipment Manufactured hose for $10.00 from part # 13016

Broken Front Coil Spring
By sonnyjames on 04/21/13 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Avalon hit a small dip in the road and the right front coil spring snapped (thankfully at the very bottom) . I removed the broken part and was disappointed to find out it is a very light weight spring and looks like & feels like it was made out of pot metal. And my Platinum Extended Warranty (that I never used and cost me an extra 1K) is over the time limit. Car has 94K and we bought it new. As far as Toyota Service goes they have been a disappointment , they try and get a person to have expensive un-needed work done on their vehicles . I will call Toyota in the A:M and plead my case. Anyone else have this happen? if not beware these coil springs are junk.

Cracks in Dash
By tacojoe1 on 01/05/13 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed in the dash on my 2006 Avalon. It has started to have hairline cracks everywhere. The car has 68000 miles and has always been garage kept. I went on the internet and found that many people have had the same problem. Toyota refuses to acknowledge the defect. I think that people should be made aware that this happens.

Sips gas, limo like back seat, great family car!
By blackpoint on 08/03/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a young family of 3 we wanted to get a car where the kids elbows don't touch which sparks arguments and they can't kick the front seats which drives me nutty. Low MPG SUVs were out and putting money into a dreadful minivan felt as good as paying federal taxes. We are in our 30's and this car seemed out of our age group but the Touring edition adds some youthful style and let's face it, still better looking than a minivan. The reclining rear seats are great for the kids. Smooth and quiet ride even at 90,000 miles and about 31 MPG on the highway. Rides equal to a newer vehicle but we only paid about $13,000. Not bad for a large family car with leather, heated seats, and a moonroof.

Best Car ever in the last 12 years
By robertverma on 02/20/12 09:04 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car can easily beat many of the luxury cars in style, performance, comfort and features. I bought it used and will be driving it until many years to come. The only drawback I find is that it doesn't have iPod Jack which I'm going to have installed. Every time I drive the car, I appreciate it even more then last time. Fuel economy is unbelievable, it gives me 30+ on the highways. I'm a car lover and even though its not really a driver's car but I'm willing to compensate only that part with everything else in the car. The rear seat room is like a limousine and it even reclines. I am never worried about the repair costs, its like driving a German car with no maintenance

We LOVE our NEW USED Avalon
By toofdr3 on 01/19/12 07:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have always had great experiences with Toyota Avalons. My husband drove our last Avalon for years with minimal service required. We recently just purchased another used Avalon 2006 Limited without any hesitation. High quality, affordable, and it was nice to know that the value of the car did not depreciate as soon as we drove it off the lot (like other brands).

Best Car I've Even Owned. Period
By hotrodjohn on 12/08/11 20:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006XLS in March 2006. Today, it has 206,000 miles on it without one single problem. I have replaced the tires, battery and brake pads. It still has the original spark plugs, water pump, starter, antifreeze, trans fluid and serpentine belt (which isn't even cracked!). This car has been nothing short of amazing. It is big, the back seat is the biggest of any car I have seen. It is fast with plenty of torque all the way through the powerband, feels like a V8. It averages 27 miles to the gallon with 80 percent highway driving. It is super quiet and smooth. The Camry isn't even close to an Avalon. This is BIGGER than Lexus ES350, yet cheaper. Im going to keep on driving it.

Very disappointed in quality and cost
By jman82 on 07/21/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This model year must have been the peak of Toyota's lack of attention to quality. The engine oil issue is a complete quality AND customer service fail. After suffering through that, in the last month I've had to replace the entire AC system. Last year when the car was 4 y/o with 100k miles the AC started blowing warm. Dealer did not find leaks, recharged, and it was ok for the rest of summer/fall. This spring, same thing. This time dealer found "lots of pin holes in the condenser". Read: no trauma, just a quality fail. I've never seen this and my prior cars were all over 200k miles. Now, *perhaps* a result of the condenser fail, the compressor seized. Total bill to fix AC: $2500

Great vehicle
By MICHAEL RUSTICH on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have only taken a couple of trips of a couple 100 miles or more. Mostly in town driving. Easy and secure veh to drive. Never had any brake or acceleration problems with veh. I would buy another one.

Disappointed with Steering Problem
By Disappointed in MD on 08/12/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car in early 2006. I now have 60,000 miles and I am experiencing problems with my steering. I have taken it back to the dealership several times for the steering sticking when turning left but they informed me that they can not find anything wrong. I am very disappointed with Toyota and see that many others are experiencing the same problem. My hope is that I will not experience the same problem that others are experiencing with the oil leak. Unless Toyota steps up and own up to fixing the legitimate repairs, I will never buy another Toyota. I am currently getting the runaround. Even though I have the extended warranty, Toyota is trying to get around fixing my problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.