2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Dashboard and oil line
By joeball on 08/18/13 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 52,000 miles on my Avalon and the dash is getting hairline cracks everywhere. I was told it would cost $1,200. to replace .Then this week my rubber oil line hose failed that repair cost was $425. I almost damaged the engine but I was able to take it to a dealer for repairs . It seams the rubber on the Toyota is defective !! NOTE: the hose is 4 inches long and cost $78. On the internet you can buy 5 feet of the same Original Equipment Manufactured hose for $10.00 from part # 13016

Sips gas, limo like back seat, great family car!
By blackpoint on 08/03/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As a young family of 3 we wanted to get a car where the kids elbows don't touch which sparks arguments and they can't kick the front seats which drives me nutty. Low MPG SUVs were out and putting money into a dreadful minivan felt as good as paying federal taxes. We are in our 30's and this car seemed out of our age group but the Touring edition adds some youthful style and let's face it, still better looking than a minivan. The reclining rear seats are great for the kids. Smooth and quiet ride even at 90,000 miles and about 31 MPG on the highway. Rides equal to a newer vehicle but we only paid about $13,000. Not bad for a large family car with leather, heated seats, and a moonroof.

Very disappointed in quality and cost
By jman82 on 07/21/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This model year must have been the peak of Toyota's lack of attention to quality. The engine oil issue is a complete quality AND customer service fail. After suffering through that, in the last month I've had to replace the entire AC system. Last year when the car was 4 y/o with 100k miles the AC started blowing warm. Dealer did not find leaks, recharged, and it was ok for the rest of summer/fall. This spring, same thing. This time dealer found "lots of pin holes in the condenser". Read: no trauma, just a quality fail. I've never seen this and my prior cars were all over 200k miles. Now, *perhaps* a result of the condenser fail, the compressor seized. Total bill to fix AC: $2500

I'm surprised everyone doesn't own one
By g-force on 02/26/10 21:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Avalon is amazing. Where else can you get a full size luxury sedan, with V6 280 ponies, yet gets 31 MPG? No where else but Avalon. It's like riding around in your living room while sitting in your favorite recliner. Only thing missing is the 58-inch plasma. JBL stereo pumps, top of dash layout is a throwback of the 1970's (which I personally love), yet console is very modern/elegant. Car lifts up, takes off, as quiet as a sleeping baby. Buttons nicely placed, awesome visibility, adequate handling, elegant front/rear design. This car will never annoy you, and you'll arrive calm and relaxed. Avalon makes daily work commuting one of the highlights of my day. Alot of car for $30K, unmatched.

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring
By PATRICIA FLOWERS on 02/26/10 17:31 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my 2006 Toyota Avalon in 2005, it was ok for about 2 years. When driving sometime my steering wheel would adjust it self to its lowest level with out me doing anything for it to happen which is not safe, I took it back to the dealer and they said they didn't see anything wrong with it and as of today it still dose it,it seems to be something with the steering level on the steering wheel. About a year ago I also had and oil leak up under my car and this year my alternator went out on me in the middle of the Dan Ryan Express Way, a scary situation and I had my ten year old grand daughter in the car with me.

Toyota Reliability?
By Thomas Anzalone on 12/16/09 18:40 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Toyota Avalon because I thought I was purchasing a reliable vehicle-this has been anything but the case. At 58000 miles I noticed a trail of oil leading up my driveway. Upon looking under the vehicle I noticed oil pouring out of the engine compartment (oil light never turned on). The vehicles vvt-i oil lines failed and the vehicle needed to be towed to the dealership. Ironically 2 weeks after this happened I received a service campaign notice from Toyota "recalling" the faulty oil lines. Incidentally the oil leak contaminated the alternator resulting in it being needed to be replaced. At 59000 miles the steering shaft began to clunk and now needs to be replaced ($379).

First Toyota
By Craig on 10/18/09 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Toyota but I've had numerous Japanese sedans. What separates the Avalon from other Asian performance sedans is that it has 268-280 hp yet takes regular gas and frequently gets more than 20 mpg. That alone is worth considering this car. Numerous reviews commented on what a good car this is but it's not "athletic." I've found the contrary with the Touring edition. The suspension is ideal and is mated nicely with the power of the vehicle. It feels very non-American because there is absolutely no bounce, no matter what kind of surface I'm driving on. Ironic since this is a large luxury sedan that was designed and built in U.S. Make a stick shift option and a less Camry-like exterior.

LOST OIL, No indicator light came on
By Kmberly Roberson on 09/30/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very confident with my Toyota. Loved it and was so pleased that it was one of the best made. Then I drove home from work with only 36,077 miles on the car and left a trail of oil down my drive way, then oil ran out all over my drive way as the rubber hose oil line had burst. I had it towed in to the Toyota dealer and of course the warranty covered it as I had purchased an extended warranty. I am now not confident with the reliability of my car.

2006 Avalon Touring
By DUCKS on 07/08/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car almost three years ago. I decided to get the Touring because the handling felt better than the XLS. The color is silver and with the XLS the interior wood was orange. With the Touring, it was sliver. The seats are very comfortable and I get close to 30MPG on the highway.

Excellent
By PRINCESSDIAZ on 10/02/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car for either a single person or a family. Very roomy and has a lot of space to work with.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.