2006 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Loved this car UNTIL... LOST ALL OIL!
By Terry A on 08/13/09 22:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my Avalon, but now have lost all confidence in its reliability. On an out of state trip an oil hose developed a pin-hole leak. There was no indicator or light alert. We still have not gotten all repairs done, but will cost min $2500!!! (of course out of warranty with approx 101,000 miles).

Great, but some faults
By eddie g. on 08/03/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall our experience has been very good with our 2006 Avalon. The ride has been very smooth and quiet and the pick-up is very good. This may be one of the fastest cars we've owned (with a six).

Loss of engine oil with no warning light
By Angry owner on 01/05/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my car almost 3 yrs ago, everything was great until it reached 33000 miles; suddenly the engine produced loud noise, it was a complete loss of engine oil with no warning light in the dashboard. The dealer was very familiar with the problem before I even spoke. He asked me if it was the loss of engine oil. I would like Toyota to look into this problem. Otherwise the car is great and I love it.

Grandpa
By grandpasmall on 08/26/07 16:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Could have better gas mileage but liveable. Only complaint is about the transmission. The computer could be updated or something done to prevent down shift in the mountains.

The Car that Could
By Dr. G on 01/22/07 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. Have 9000 miles on it, great gas mileage (22/31 as stated), great ride and lumbar support, etc., comfortable although somewhat noisy. Great get up and go. Looks more expensive than final price. Some harsh noise when on a rougher road. Make sure that you get the aftermarket side door protectors and mud flaps. Has saved my paint. Paint chips very easily, especially when someone attempts to open their door to full-width in a parking lot. Had trouble with air conditioner.. took dealer two weeks to get part and fix it. Had new Camry during that time to drive. No comparison... Avalon much better. Also be aware that the front bumper is low and you can knock airdam off.

I love this car!!
By diana on 11/01/06 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the price. Lexus quality for Toyota price. Would recommend this car to anyone. I have three small children (all under 7) and two are in full sized carseats. My youngest can't even kick the back of my seat while strapped in. Huge back seat and great trunk space. Full sized double stroller along with groceries fit just fine. And what can I say, it has Toyota mileage averaging 22 in the city and 33 on the interstate. Classy interior and a trustworthy ride, I would recommend this car to my best of friends.

best buy for my money
By Christopher on 10/03/06 23:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If I was given the money to buy a more expensive luxury car I would still choose the Avalon and keep the extra money. I might choose Touring with more options. The gas mileage has been great Regularly 32-34 mpg sometimes 37 mph hwy and 29 mpg city. Size is great for a family & reliability of the car has been excellent with no down time besides regular maintenance & oil changes. After buying 3 cars from Bob Smith Toyota they get's our families "kudos" in total satisfaction from sales to service. During my driving history (9 vehicles, 4 new) and driving over 25 years there has been no better dealership!!! The Avalon is tops for Economy, Safety, Reliability, Comfort, and looks.

Almost a Perfect Car!
By BigMac2000 on 07/21/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot for a living and the need for a large comfortable car with good gas mileage was key. The Toyota Avalon was the solution. It is a great car! Ton of room, great ride, quiet (for the most part), great gas mileage, stylish but... The front seat is not the most comfortable (I bought an additional lumbar support), the transmission has a very defined sticking point or "jerk" as one writter put it, between 1st and 2nd gear, the stereo needs to have a little more zest (I wanna rock!). But all in all a great car!

always in the shop
By dale ruisch on 07/20/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has been in the shop for the transmission, rattles in the roof, had to replace the radio, a loose fastener in the front fender. Too high an idle. Just not the car my old Avalon was.

SO FAR SO GOOD
By karen nelson on 06/13/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car has it all. Easy to drive, comfortable and appears to have all the safety features plus some. No problems here.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.