2005 Toyota Avalon 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - NOT WHAT I IMAGINED

2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

NOT WHAT I IMAGINED
By bennettsbebe on

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I am not as impressed as I thought I would be. The rear view mirror cant be adjusted as it hits the ceiling because of placement, the paint is peeling. The front has mysterious issues no one can diagnose including jerking randomly, speaking of jerking the tranny does it too when it wants. The headrests are not adjustable, and the seats are not as comfortable as I hoped. I do like the quite cabin, the amazing sound system, the safety features, and the gas mileage, I have gotten as much as 31.5 on the highway. Still I think that Toyota started cutting corners on many of their vehicles staring in 05. Next car: GERMAN even if they are maintenance needy.

Favorite Features

Sound system, array of safety technology, cool looking dash and information display, moon roof, big trunk, reclining rear seats, and full size spare.

Suggested Improvements

Paint, rear view mirror placement, headrests, and seat comfort. Leather like surfaces can look cheap as does the faux wood. Boring driving experience.