2005 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Luxury Car for Moderate Money

2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Luxury Car for Moderate Money
By Bill Fisher on

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car replaced our 2000 Avalon which was stellar. So far the experience is even better with the additional 70 HP compared to the old model and the quieter and more luxurious ride only increases our pleasure. We checked out everything in the price range and nothing came close for the dollar. This thing is whisper quiet, and for my driving style a perfect fit. This is not a sports machine so the handling isn't sports car tight but it is more than adequate for a luxo-mobile. The cabin of the Avalon is a great place to exist and it inspires confidence on the highway or around town. This wasn't my first Avalon and it won't be my last Avalon, I can already tell.

Smart Key. It takes some getting used to, not needing a key is really a treat. No fumbling through your pockets anymore. The 280 HP engine is silky smooth and the quiet interior makes your ride effortless. I especially like the clean look of the hidden controls for the stereo system too.

Maybe a better cup-holder and a slot to run the power cord so you can close the bin with your mobile phone outside of it. I would also appreciate the rear seats folding flat for stowing long items. Finally, I would like to be able to order the Touring Package suspension on the Limited.