Lots for the money
By glendola on
2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my Avalon new in 12/05. It did have 1,100 miles, however I consider that new. It was in the showroom, and in black on black it was a totally impressive and sharp car. I was impressed with the laundry list of standard equipment. From the reclining rear seats, to the most exceptional stereo I have heard, even in cars that cost $15k more. I won't get into the other standard features because that would take forever, let's just say you want for nothing in this car in the way of luxury. I have had absolutely no complaints mechanically. Even the tires with 48,000 miles still have at least 15,0000 miles left on them. The performance is astonishing. Would definitely repurchase.
Favorite Features
Tremendous interior, all quality interior materials are top notch, expected in a much expensive German competitor. AWESOME acceleration returning more than acceptable fuel economy. Reclining rear seats. Whisper quiet interior. Very good assembly quality, as usual for Toyota.
Suggested Improvements
Traction control being standard, could use a larger trunk, but I think Toyota was more concerned with interior room, which is more than accommodating.