LessThan Perfect
By Phillip on
2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After 65,000 miles, I have become to like the car more now than when first purchased. Bad interior rattle near top of back glass. It took tree trips to dealer to get fixed. Has lots of other little rattles in cold weather. Transmission hesitation and jerkiness at low speeds is a definite design flaw to me; however, Toyota will not admit to this of course. The hvac system is very hard to control, especially in cold weather. Once automatic system acclimates, warm air comes from floor vents and unwanted cold air comes from dash vents. Toyota will not admit to this design flaw either. The laser cruise control in concept is great; however, it doesn't work as should, waste of money.
Favorite Features
Overall, I like the car, especially its reliability. The economy with all that power is amazing.....motor is tops. The exterior design is pleasing, lots of people look at it. Sound system is tops. Navigation system is very handy.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission, transmission, transmission. I think Toyota would benefit greatly to replace the present transmission with a CVT type transmission. The current transmission is really poor.