Used 2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Next to Lexus.
By Ralph Joch

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An absolute pleasure to drive, city or highway.

Favorite Features

Too many to mention.

Suggested Improvements

The mileage is very difficult to read during the day light hours. The remainder of the dash and gauges are excellent. In total darkness, the back up lights are not very efficient.

05 Avalon
By swerge

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The remote start system is poor at best. It will operate locks across a parking lot but you to be close to start the car. The operation of key fob is tricky then engine stops upon entry and needs to be restarted.

Favorite Features

5-speed trans keeps engine in power range, peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate all wind noise, improve remote start to match after market systems.

This is a Gem of a car
By Roberta

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The outside does not halfway hint the wonder inside the 4 doors of this luxury vehicle even though it is pretty. Everyone, including the passengers in the reclining rear seats get special treatment. The moon roof, comfort and ease of driving make each trip a great time. Lots of spirit for a 6 cylinder so I have had to monitor the speed frequently on this great driving machine. With low miles for a used car, I plan on having this for at least 10 years. Cars used to last that long, however most of mine, in the past, have not stood the test of that duration. I might not like it much if it does not hold up to my expectations for that long. The price was enough so it should last .

Favorite Features

Navigation system is #1 since I get lost often. #2 cruise control, which I would not have a car without that now. #3 Electric seats because traveling long trips that really helps avoid fatigue.#4 Automatic engine control since I now decided shifting is not for me anymore.#5 Lots of room in entire car

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestions are for our Country to get busy and begin building such a great car like the foreign manufacturers do so the good old U.S.A. can once again lead in the automotive industry. We seem to have let the bulk of the money for cars go out of the country because we no longer are number 1!

Nice car, Major oil leak...
By Freezer

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in 11/05 as a pre-owned "certified" vehicle. We have the blizzard pearl with black interior. Purchased with 8,000 miles on it. The vehicle handles nice with plenty of horsepower. Noticed an oil leak the first day we brought it home. Brought it back to the dealer and they performed a TSB repair, oil lines etc. To make a long story short we went back to this dealer at least 3 times to fix and to another dealer about 4 additional times to finally get this resolved. We had to involve the Toyota Corp rep to get satisfied results. The engine had to be pulled to find the leak which was a void in the seam sealer near the cam saddle. Lets just say that I never expected this from a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Auto stick, sunroof, exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the tacky doors over the radio, tape deck. Lumbar on the pass. side. Get rid of the attitude that Toyota could not have reliabilty problems.

Great Car
By Luxury

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many luxury cars, this by far is the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Style