2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Avalon
By goskins0 on 11/17/05 10:30 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of room for head, legs and gut. Seats are comfortable and roomy. Car is extremely quiet and drives well.

Excellent Vehicle
By RALPH JOCH on 11/16/05 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Performance and ride are superb. The quiet ride is next to the Lexus. The handling is top notch. Totota did a marvelous job on this model of Avalon.

Smooth and Quick
By Joseph DiDio on 11/11/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not until I stepped on the passing gear, did I realize how fast I zip past the car in front of me. A true pleasure to drive; with all the options, including a built in navigational system. Heated seats are now a plus. Seventeen inch wheels are also a plus. Very quiet ride. The only drawback I have found is the trunk space. However, my former car was a 95 Oldsmobile Regency, and that trunk was hard to match.

@ lesser price, a must for luxury cars
By jackattack on 11/04/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a dream car. Rides like a charm, very quiet, good gas mileage and very reliable. The interior space is so roomy and comfortable, with more head room. With a V6 280hp, 3.5 liter engine, it accelerates very smoothly and with authority. The exterior design is so sleek (it was like love at first sight) and it's part of the reasons why I bought it. It's a head turner wherever I go. I'm very glad I bought this car. For those of you who are into luxury cars, this is the car for you at a much lesser price.

Great Car
By Bill Bryant on 11/03/05 10:42 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Avalon is a super car. It runs very quiet and is very economical to run. My only negative comment would be that the odometer is sometimes hard to see during daylight. I am very happy with my recent choice.

Almost a luxury, but....
By Brad C on 10/26/05 23:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good balance between Performance, size and fuel Economy. Great power, large interior particularly the rear seating. Smooth quite ride, but feels a little floaty driving. We had some issues with the inside trim with fasteners on the window switch housing popping up. It makes me question the interior durability and craftsmanship; however, I believe the engine and transmission and drive components will prove reliable. The leather seems a bit lower grade than my old Acura Legend, but all the newer cars seem to use thinner leather. A nice chunk of paint came off when a large rock hit the front. The large doors/higher rear ends make the car harder to see out of while backing and merging.

A Work in Progress
By twinbridges on 10/25/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Avalon XLS has a lot of nice features including, lots of interior space, reclining rear seats, good visibility, as well as good power. It has wide easy entry doors. However, there is ample room for improvement. For example, the transmission and engine hesitate at low speed. The "stainless steel" exhaust leave rust spots on the garage floor. There is only one keyed entry on the car. The rear window has significant optical distortion. The windshield also has some also. The side mirrors are not breakaway like GM's so figure on buying at least one in the next 5 years at $340. The suspension system could be stiffened. You have difficulty reading the odometer in daylight.

A delight to drive
By Dave Nars on 10/22/05 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been impressd with the ride, handling comfort of this car. I have been only running premium no lead however I am getting a combined 26 mpg. If you are a do it yourselfer the oil can be a bit of a pain to change unless you have your own lift.

A superb luxury car
By volts amous on 10/18/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A smooth beautiful car that gets head turning looks and has plenty of room and nice appointments.

Love this vehicle!
By j. barnes on 10/15/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we really like our 2005 Avalon! It is a very confortable ride, neat interior, quiet, and good mpg.