2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best Ever!
By Susan F on 05/03/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Toyota Avalon. I love this 2005 Ltd. When I owned my other the XLS was the top of the line but, was an excellent car prompting me to buy another one after reaching 145,000 with no major problems. This is a truly exceptional handling car with power, luxury and is also fun to drive. When I am driving my Avalon, I am truly at the helm of my flag ship. Do your self a favor, go test drive a truly luxury, full-sized Avalon and you will be hooked. Happy driving!

Not up to Toyota hype of Quality
By My First Toyota on 01/08/08 16:26 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In for service many, many times for rattles and squeaks. Noise was in both front and back of vehicle. Original set of tires lasted 19,000 miles and was told by the dealer this is common for that car. They are expensive to replace as are the wiper blades. Rear brakes showing more wear than front (odd for a front wheel drive car) and will have to be replaced in approx. 5-10 thousand miles. Mileage on the road is down about 3 miles per gallon since new. All in all I guess I am disappointed in my Toyota ownership experience. It is not that it is a bad vehicle, but it simply does not live up to the quality Toyota advertises.

Great car
By james on 12/09/07 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased the 05 limited model, excellent power, nice interior features, real nice ride. The paint buffs out real nice, lots of depth and great shine even on the light color. Real solid feel to the ride.

Best Ever
By Allan Whaite on 11/27/07 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Avalon and is the best car I have ever owned. Very comfortable and good gas mileage. This is a keeper and in my 74 years have owned a lot of cars

It's been almost perfect
By JB on 09/14/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Unbelievable power and gas mileage for this size car. We always get well over 30 mpg on the highway. Quiet and smooth and has tons of leg room. Continues to look beautiful after 2+ years. No problems so far.

2005 Avalon is reliability plus
By rogermot on 08/12/07 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for over two years and have 38,000 miles plus on it. Other than the front window shade holder falling out and being replaced, there have been no other maintenance problems. This is the first car that I have ever owned that has been maintenance free. Reliability has been outstanding!

Better than your average bear
By Better than your ave on 08/12/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleasant highway car. A little large for personal preference. Navigation system could be easier to use.

Pass on this car
By Unhappy Camper on 07/05/07 17:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not what I expected from Toyota! Frequent visits to the dealer for a variety of repairs including replacement of the intermediate steering column, repair of a faulty air bag system (which by the way involves disassembly of basically the entire interior), oil leak, and replacement of driver side leather seat for premature cracking wear. If that's not enough, it's back in the shop once again because the faulty air bag light has come back on. I can not believe this is a Toyota. Had previously owned a Previa van that was extremely reliable. Would not recommend this car to anyone.

Great Ride
By Dan Barrett on 06/18/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Exceptional vehicle, it is a solid 12 on a 10 point scale. No disappointments, just a pleasant ride, excellent performance and good fuel economy.

Toyota Quality?
By John on 06/04/07 06:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very soft paint. Chips and pit marks started to appear almost from the first day. After the first winter there were easily 100 "holes" in the paint all over the car. Toyota would not stand behind the defect. They stated it was from road salt and stones, etc. I agree that is what causes the marks but I looked at many others cars with similar driving conditions and none were even close to the condition of mine. The next big problem was with the brakes. A front caliper locked up at about 44K miles. The repair - two front calipers, rotors, pads, labor was almost $900. It would have been much much more at the dealer with OEM parts. So this is Toyota quality?