2005 Toyota Avalon XL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Sort Reviews by

Nice ride
By RICH

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. Even my 15 yr old daughter and her friends love this car. I have the Limited. Great stereo. Almost as good as my TL's 5.1. The only problem I have is that the dual exhust dosen't seem to match the other side. One is higher. One is set out more... Great ride....

Favorite Features

Sun shade/ stereo/ vented seats/ room

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust pipes that are even

First Peak At the New Avalon
By millem3

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife just bought a new Avalon at the Minneapolis Car Show last weekend. She Just Loves it! It is great, because now she "volunteers" to run all the errands (pick up kids from basketball, gynastics, grocery shopping, etc) because she just lovers her new Toyota. What a Feeling!!!

Favorite Features

She loves the navigation system. Particularly when we are traveling to my daughter's gymnastic meets across the state/Midwest.

Suggested Improvements

Consider developing hybrid version with gas prices going up so. Although we don't complain about the approx. 31 MPG.

My XLS Avalon 2005/06
By Just Me

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Avalon. By far it's the best. My last one was the 2004 XL. This new XLS style is more refined and elegant style. At times I'm not sure the engine was turned on, it's so quiet. I only have around 450 miles on the odometer but it seems that I will get over 30 MPG on the highway. I already got over 23 MPG in the city. That's better than my 04. It is a wonderful automobile that offers so much comfort as I travel down the road. It may not have the Lexus name plate, but it sure feels and handles like one, yet cost thousands less. It's spacious inside and offers a silent retreat from the stresses of the day because everything works so well, all the buttons are at your fingertips.

Favorite Features

I just love the elegant little doors that hide the radio and CD changer. The simulated wood trim is done in good taste. The sliding center console arm rest offers a unique resting place for my arm. The buttons for radio and A/C on the steering wheel are a first for me and very welcome.

Suggested Improvements

The back lighting for the trip odometer could be a little brighter. Although not an improvement, I would offer a choice of not having a moon roof on the XLS and Limited for those who don't want it. I would suggest the ability of the front passenger to be able to lower or raise his seat for comfort.

Almost Perfect
By Bulldog

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2005 Avalon Limited is proving to be the favorite family car. We're getting 24 MPG city and almost 28 MPG on the highway. When you start it in the morning it sounds like a diesel. The toyota dealer said this is the variable valve timing at work. Once it warms up, the noise disappears. Ride quality is flawless and comfort rivals Lexus vehicles I've owned. In fact, I'd call this a Lexus for $10- 15K less. I plan on keeping this car for quite awhile.

Favorite Features

Push button start, Toyota quality, comfort and ride quality, interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Make it a 300HP V-8 with rear wheel drive. You'd have the ultimate Lexus killer.

Love My Avalon
By hutch34

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I came out of an Acura MDX into the Avalon. I waited for months for the new Acura RL to come out but was disappointed in it's cramped feeling. IMO the Avalon is just as nice as the RL but much more comfortable. It approaches Lexus quality at a Toyota price. A really fine automobile.

Favorite Features

I especially like the the extendable seat feature for the driver. This really helps prevent fatigue on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should rethink the recommended location for the XM radio antenna.

AMAZINGLY LUXURIOUS VEHICLE!!
By Susan Marquez

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my New Avalon. It has all the bells and whistles I wanted. It is so comfortable inside and so stylish outside. I am so happy that I chose this car over a Lexus without all the bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the Smart Key and Navigation system not to mention the reclining seats and no bump on the floor of the back seat!!

Suggested Improvements

I have none at this time.

On the Road
By Donald Frank Colvin

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new 2005 handles like a dream. Is quiet, maneuvers like a cheetah. I have yet to step on the gas full as of now because the 280 HP is way more than it needs. The temperature should be displayed at all times but it is not. I think the new engine is a little more noisy than my 98 Avalon but it is still very quiet in the passenger compartment. The sound system is fantastic. I have only 350 + miles on the car to date and the expected milage is as good if not better than advertised.

Favorite Features

GPS SYSTEM

Suggested Improvements

Temperature (outside) reading available at all times.

Toyota Does It Again
By dochurt

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We own a 2000 Avalon XLS and it has been the best car we ever purchased. It motivated us to purchase a 2005 as our second car. The 2005 is bigger, quieter and gets better gas mileage than the 2000--about 30 mpg on the highway. For some explained reason, Toyota did not install the double sun visors with extensions on the 2005 model, which is my only complaint. Superb automobile--the best buy for your money.

Favorite Features

Audio, climate and cruise controls on the steering wheel. Heated side mirrors. Electric seat adjust with leg support. Flat panel display of trip time, gas mileage and remaining mileage on existing gasoline in tank. Built in sunglasses holder. Enormous trunk capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Go bact to installing the double sun visors with extensions, as were installed in the 2005 model and make satellite radio part of the base package.

Glorious New Avalon
By Suburban Toyota

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new Avalon is everything you'd want out of a Toyota. It's fast, comfortable, and full of fantastic features.

Favorite Features

Push button start, rear window shade, rear seat to trunk passthrough, overall comfort.

Suggested Improvements

none.

Love My Avalon
By dina c

2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought of buying an avalon until I saw the new style...The minute I got into I loved it....When I test drove it I knew I had to have one..The pick up is awesome...the interior is enormous...I cannot find one thing wrong with this car...When I compared it to the ES 300 I found this car was bigger, faster and all the features were similar....The price tag wasn't...Before you pay more for the Lexus check out this car...you will be surprised just like as I was....

Favorite Features

car has lots of pick up and go, it has a great info screen for the radio temp inside and outside of the car, radio cranks and the style of the car

Suggested Improvements

add traction control to all models